I overcame teen pregnancy

Malyn
Senior year is supposed to be one of the best times of our lives. We chill with friends, do crazy things, and most of all try to have fun. My senior year started off great. I had some of the greatest friends that anyone could ask for and not to mention one of the best boyfriends. We always hung out with each other and got along great. He was the basketball star and I was the cheerleader. What more could you ask for? You could say we were like any other high school couple until one afternoon we found out that I was pregnant. We didn’t know what to do. We were both scared out of our minds.
We both kept it a secret for a while because we knew both of our parents wouldn’t be too happy with us. You could say my family is one where we all try to stick to our LDS religion and standards, where sexual activity is to be waited until marriage. I knew they would take the news badly. Telling my family that I was pregnant was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. Luckily my mom was somewhat ok with it and I could talk to her about anything. My dad on the other hand, didn’t talk to me for over a week and was so disappointed in me. Having him be disappointed at me was harder than him being mad at me. Who likes having their parent s disappointed at them? I know I don’t.
Once my parents and family were somewhat ok with me being pregnant came the other hard part, people around town and school finding out. That’s when the bad talk and looks started. Walking down the halls having people look at you different and just knowing what they were looking at was hard. People don’t treat you the same and your friends start to drift away. Pretty soon you feel lonely and feel like no one likes you. You feel as if there is no hope and there is no pretty ending. Luckily I couldn’t have asked for a better boyfriend that stuck with me through the hard times and cheered me up when needed. I don’t know what I would have done without him. The deep pit that you felt you had gotten yourself into does come to an end. People get over the fact that your pregnant and they find new people to gossip about. Pretty soon you feel as if everything is going to be ok and everything will turn out for the best. As for me and my senior year I overcame the difficulties of teen pregnancy.
Comment by BiiNiiSH4L

Malyn,
Life is full of tough struggles, life is not easy, and we always find ourselves in tough situations, but that's life. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe you and Jess are meant to be together forever, maybe your child is meant to live; your child is meant to do good in this world; who knows he could be the next president :) ..staying strong is key. You are a strong woman, you are strong for keeping your head up high and walking down the halls in school. I know alot of woman couldn't be able to show their faces among their classmates, but your doing it. People are always going to talk, people are always going to look, but hey that's high school. Another thing about that is we are almost done! Yay! And you won't ever have to deal with that again. I bet telling your parents was the HARDEST thing you had to overcome, but hey, we are teens, we are the children of our parents, and over our years we are always going to have to face them for every mistake we make. Our parents love us through thick and thin, they will soon be over it, everyone will soon be over it, because you cannot take back what has already been did. I had to deal with facing my parents for faults I have made throughout my teen years and that was not easy. Everyone makes mistakes, who doesn't? Stay strong, forget what people say, you are happy, Jess is happy, so as long as your happiness is at stake everything will be okay. And props to Jess, he is a real boyfriend for staying by your side thoroughtout this entire situation. Keep him close, love him, and care for you child for many years to come. I wish you the best luck Malyn, :) and congratulations!
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:13:52 PM