STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Overcame Drama.

felicia
It’s my senior year of high school and it was supposed to be the best year, filled with memories I could never forget with my two best friends. But, that had all went down the drain, at the end of 2nd quarter. I had always never wanted to be involved in drama, but somehow it was always riding on my back. I felt as if it would never end.
It happened on a Thursday night, everything was going perfect we had gotten’ out of school and were starting to get ready for the AA concert (asking Alexandria) I thought it was going to be the absolute best night and I would have the time of my life, but that all changed. This is my first “hardcore” concert I have ever been to in my life. There is this thing called mosh pitting that everyone does when they go to a concert like this, Mosh pitting is like pretty much just fighting for fun it seems like. This being my first concert and all I didn’t want to I just wanted to get the feel of how it was life being at a concert.
At the beginning of the concert, my two friends and I were just chilling, laughing having fun, enjoying the music, just being us. Then it was time for asking Alexandria to come out and start playing. One of my friends were really wanting to go into the crowd and just start going all out, my other friend has been to concerts but never actually went out and moshed with the crowd, so that made her very hesitate. But after awhile she decided she would join my other friend leaving me all by myself. I had gone with one of my friend’s dad and so I was pretty much alone at a bar, by myself, to be honest I really could have used my mom right then.
After the concert I met up with them and I got over all of that, which had just happened. I didn’t want drama to break out, and when I know it’s going to I kind of just shut up and let everything flow like it’s supposed to and move on with my life.
There were some booths in a different part of where the concert was at selling shirts and sweaters, and all kinds of things about the bands that had played that night. My friend had pointed out a sweater I had been eyeing and saying I wanted, obviously she didn’t hear me when I said I wanted it. All the other people we were with were saying “oh that’s cute” “someone should get it” things like that. My friend had not very much money with her so she couldn’t purchase it and I had wanted it long before her. So I decided I’d get it, it was the last one left and she didn’t have money for it, and I may seem rude and selfish but I did ask her before actually buying it to make sure she wasn’t going to get it. She had told me no, she wasn’t going to get the sweater. So I went ahead and purchased it like anyone else would have done.
Later on that night we went to get autographs, they left me walking by myself. I didn’t know what to do considering I was a few hours away from home. I didn’t think that sweater would actually make her freak out like she did. But I guess you can never predict someone’s opinion. It was a really awkward ride home. She wouldn’t talk to me at all. She was really mad at me. I went home and discussed things with my mom and my mom had told me not to worry that everything was going to be okay. I believed my mom.
To this day I still think I did the right thing and just let her be mad, I still think she overreacted and blew everything way out of proportion. She did end up apologizing and we became friends again, but now she is mad at me over a dumb reason again. So now I realize and see how ridiculous some people can be and I have just let it all go and not get to me, because what’s the point of arguing with someone and causing all this drama, it gets me nowhere. I haven’t had drama since that day because I know when to stop and I know when, and how to act my age and just let people say and do what they want.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy