I overcame the obstacle of making friends.

Horcrux360
I overcame the obstacle of making friends. High school was lonely for me because I was too shy to talk to anyone. My freshmen year I sat alone in the cafeteria and it was embarrassing. When I changed schools my junior year things were different. My new school felt friendlier and I felt more comfortable talking to the students there but still I was alone. Now I am a senior weeks away from graduation and there are many people I consider friends. It started gradually with me just making small talk every now and then. I still ate alone in the cafeteria but one day I just decided to sit next to the group of kids I had started to know and they accepted me. Now, I have friends in every class and my whole attitude towards school has changed. Before I hated going to school and savored every second I had away from the place I considered a prison. Sitting in a room full of strangers too scared to talk or move can do that do you. Now I actually look forward to going to school everyday to see my friends. Its the opposite now because I hate going home and savor the hours spent at school. Most people hang out with their friends outside of school but I'm taking it one step at a time. I stay in contact with them with phones, text messages, and facebook. People noticed that I'm a completely different person now. I've become more outgoing, confident, and more willing to express myself. Ironically, while in ninth grade I just wanted to finish school and be done with it. As a senior I wish there was a way to travel back in time so I can fully enjoy the high school experience with all my friends I've made. A lot of people say senior year is the best year of high school and they were right.