I overcame popularity.

dabby
As you walk into the freshly painted doors of an unfarmiliar school you want someone to shout "Hey girl!". You want to be known. You want to be somebody. This feeling happens to everyone; your not alone. But does popularity and people knowing you even matter?

I overcame popularity when I met my two best friends. One's shy, one's loud and outgoing. I realized when I met them that you can be loved, without being known. All you need is a couple of friends. When you feel the love of a true friendship you forget all about everyone who has backstabbed you before; any bad friends. You know longer need so many people to lean on. When I learned this, i learned how to overcome the thought of having to be popular.
Comment by ChanteNoelCarrenoSherrow

I can relate with you. My freshmen year I tried fitting in. I acted like someone who I wasn’t. Finally my junior year I realized I had wasted so much energy trying to fit in. I had found that being friends with everyone was my way of being popular. I treated everyone like there were someone and that someone did think of them as a person who has interest. I made sure everyone felt important. Being in their situation you know how it feels not to be cool enough for anyone. To this day I still don’t fit in with the popular people and I don’t care to. I have found my best friends who love me for who I am. I can be myself and I don’t have to worry about fitting in with them. I can be myself!!!!
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 6:33:39 PM