I Overcame Seclusion

ABaughman
On the whole, I feel like I have had a pretty great high school career: no grade problems, a steady girlfriend and best friend, and no real quarrels with anyone. However, I never did give any thought as to what I would do without such strong relationships to get me through the day. Nevertheless, I was presented with the daunting task of facing those who I pretty much forgot about over the years: I ended a two year relationship the summer before senior year, and realized just how isolated and engrossed I had become in that relationship; the people I considered my friends really weren't that close to me, simply because I shut myself off from the rest of the world. Naturally, I felt it tough to go back into school this year and face both my ex and my peers, for I didn't really know what to do: the awkwardness of it all was almost unbearable, and making new friends and stronger relationships with those I had simply looked past was an increasingly difficult task. Eventually, I just had to jump in, and I certainly made a splash: this year has been the best year of high school namely because of the strong ties I made with new, old, and unexpected friends. These people helped make me stronger, more fun, and happier than ever, and with their support I have managed to feel almost no awkwardness around my ex! Overcoming my willing isolation has given me the strength to go and actually have fun on weekends, finally unleash my creativity in writing lyrics (albeit crappy ones), and just become a much more positive person. This year, my biggest difficulty was overcoming seclusion and isolation, and the rewards have far outweighed the risks.
Comment by lammahead

I to have had issues with seclusion. I have been an isolationest my whole life I have never had many friends at once but those i do have i know really well, but my love of seclusion has really affected my life negatively i have lost my ability to handle alot of stress and i am notr able to talk to people very well any more and i really regret being an isolationest.
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:27:23 PM