I overcame the stress of school

jessiann1
I am a sophmore in high school and it's getting to the point where I need to start thinking about my future plans. I am trying to make it onto a college gymnastics team. I have had a lot of support from my family and friends, but my problem is the stress of school. I struggle with keeping my grades up, but so far this year I have kept them up and have been getting A's and B's. School is a big struggle for a lot of people with keeping their good grades and participating in outside of school activities. Everyone's schedules get busy and at the end of the year we just can't keep our focus in school because it's so close to summer, but to be a good student you have to realize the importance in your grades. Right now I am participating in gymnastics and track and field. I have gymnastics three times a week for a total of 10 hours and track every day after school for about an hour and a half, between the two sports and school it gets stressful making sure I get all my homework done and understanding it and being sure to make it to all my practices and not falling behind everyone else. Many other teenagers are dealing with the same thing I am and understand my stress and know it's difficult to have so much going on at a time.
Comment by BBoi

Well there are always going to be times like that, I know its hard at first but then you will get a feel for it then you`ll end keeping up with your classes, doing what you need to do. I know how all those moments can be because I to also experienced them before and to this day am still doing the samething and am trying to make eveything workout for myself. We all go through things like this in our every day lives but we all soon get through it, you can also look at this as another lesson too. In the future its going to be a lot harder and its better to learn to get through these things now, that way it feels like that you could have some pass experience.
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 9:46:46 PM
Comment by Ceeg3

I went through stress and failing behind in school when I was in track and field when I was, in, I think sophomore year. I liked it but I thought to myself school is more important so I dropped out of the sport. I shouldn't of but I did. I’m just telling you my experience that is kind of similar. The thing to do is be strong in the mind and overcome the stress with all the activities you attend. Everything will be okay if you just take it day by day with no stress, you dig!
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:40:10 PM
Comment by Kaluni

activites and homework is very stressful, i went through it. wanting to do the activities that you love push your to do better and activities get in the way of the homework. don't stress out about it, it'll only make matters worse. so i hope that you will overcome the stress you have in school. youre half way there for finishing high school so make it last :)
Posted: Friday, May 6, 2011 6:40:24 PM