I overcame the stress of school, parents, and serving on my BBYO chapter board.

rachelbotter
This year was not expected to be easy. I was walking into a year of a full honors schedule, serving on my BBYO chapter board, tennis season, and volunteer work at my temple. As a teenager, I have it much easier than adults do, but sometimes it feels as though the work I have is never ending. I went into the year with a positive attitude, knowing that I would be able to achieve all of my goals. I decided that I would maintain high honor roll in school, keep up with my volunteer work, play well over the season, and do my job to its fullest potential as a chapter board member.
The year began and so did all of my obligations. It started out easier than I had expected, but progressively became harder. I was able to stay on top of my game by getting tutors, spending more time on schoolwork, and making sure my BBYO work was always done. Along with a new year, new problems come along. I had been getting in various fights with my parents and it made me not want to complete any of the work that I had to do. This was a hindrance in my efforts to achieve all of my goals, but I tried extremely hard to not let it stop me. I began talking about my problems more, which relieved me of some stress that I was feeling.
Stressful subjects were handed to me in school this year, such as chemistry. No matter what I could possibly do, I could never truly understand what went on in my chemistry class. I took initiative to get a tutor and up my grades. I now understood the subject more and was given reassurance by my increase in grades.
Being on BBYO board, it has taught me a lesson. Priorities are important, and you need to always make sure schoolwork comes first. Being on board, I made sure my grades did not drop the slightest bit. In fact, my grades are higher than they have ever been. I was able to do more with BBYO such as chairwomen positions and programming committees, while obtaining ideal grades in school.
This year I overcame my fear of not doing well in school. This year I overcame my fear of not doing my job to it’s fullest. This year I overcame my fear of speaking about my feelings. This year was the year I overcame many of my fears and everything worked out just fine.