I overcame stress from parents

bbrandman
I am a 9th grader at Commack High School. There is nothing more imortant to my parents then me going to college and my grades. I'm the youngest of 3 and my parents are currently struggling with morgage and other economy things. They have to pay for my sisters college and y other sisters soccer. They tell me i have to at least get a partial scholarship because they won't have enough money. They are always puttig stress on me to do good on my tests and just in genreal. I'm constantly thinking about me not getting a partial scholarship and me not being able to go to college. It scares me and puts even more stress on me. I overcame that this year by balancing school work and social activities. I did very good during the year and was still able to hang with frieds and do all the things i wanted to. I overcame stress in my freshman year.
Comment by coltonr

there are so many opportunities for scholarships depending on what your circumstances are there is a pel grant from the government for example. I have had stresses with scholarships as well and searched for it and asked people in both the high school and college there are so many thing out there and so much help from the government actually you just have to dig deep into scholar ships some just have a little but if you get a bunch it adds up
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2011 9:37:52 PM
Comment by tiffaniemariexo

I've been in the same situation as you, but it is reversed. I am currently a senior at my High School and it is so stressful that my parents work all day long away from home. So basically I had/have to do everything on my own, I had to find a job and balance my school work and also to keep up with my grades. I don't get the attention like my older sister's did when they were in High School. Luckily, you're only a freshman so that pressure is going to go away sooner or later. There are so many Scholarships out there that you can sign up for; I suggest you start now because it'll be alot easier for you in the future.
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2011 6:25:08 PM