Media: A way of life that is used in many different ways by millions of people

audreyblainegodnick96
The cell phone gives people access to an unlimited amount of information but it can also impact people in a negative way. Wherever I go, I always see so many people on the street and in school using their phones. It’s insane how much you can do on one little device. I always use my phone to access the internet, make a phone call, play games, Blackberry Message on a Blackberry, and more. Almost everyone including me is always doing something on their phone! Cell phones are a very good tool. The internet is a good tool to help figure something out, or reach someone if necessary and there is an emergency. People can do so much on the phone. Facebook is a website that everyone has. I go on it almost every second and always have myself logged in on my phone because my phone has internet. I am always checking Facebook to see what’s going on with my friends and stuff. I love having the ability to go on my phone during school with no computer and check Facebook.
However, so many people are using their phones and it can possibly start turning into a problem. When I study for a test, I always try to stay focused. But once I hear my phone buzz, I make sure to look at it and I totally lose my focus. Although phones are a really good invention, they could definitely be a reason to why my grades could drop. In class if I get bored, although they aren’t allowed, I can easily take out my phone and go on Facebook on my phone, or play games or just text through the whole period and totally block out everything my teacher says.
An example of going on the phone during school, today in my class, I was very bored and really tired and we had a substitute teacher. I just took out my phone went on the internet, bbmed some of my friends, and played games. I love my phone and I use it almost every second of the day but my parents would take my phone away in a second if my grades start going downhill because they believe that I am on my phone too much doing the wrong things. When I was studying, my mom was in the room with me and I wouldn’t get off my phone and she was really close to taking my cell phone away because it is not benefiting me in the right way when I have a test coming up. Another problem that could occur and that is occurring is people are on their phones too much and are texting and talking on their phones while they are driving. This causes a huge distraction for people and major issues are occurring like car accidents.
On the news, almost every day there are many news reports about accidents that are occurring. In Chicago on April 19, 2009, four children got killed from a driver using their cell phone. This was reported in Chicago Car Accident Lawyers Blog. If I could change one thing with the media, it would be making people realize and making me realize that the phone isn’t such a major part of life and life can go on without having cell phones. Right now in life, I don’t think I could go a day without a cell phone and I hate that about myself. Cell phones are important to have for emergencies. However using them to go on the internet, to play games, to text, and to call people during school and while driving is not necessary. Although, texting, getting email, contacting people is a really important for everyday life, children need to focus on school more and adult’s need to focus on driving instead of getting anxious to check their phones when the little buzz is heard.
Comment by luluwhitney14

This is fabulous!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 7:36:29 PM