Media: Mobile Phones

luluwhitney14
Lauren Whitney March 14, 2011
March Writing Contest Period 9B
Roslyn High School 9th Grade

Media: Mobile Phones

Mobile phones have a huge impact on most people’s lives. In my life cell phones impacted me in good ways because they help me make plans and contact a person which is very helpful. Most people have phones now and in my town many kids and adults have blackberries or iPhone’s. Personally I have a blackberry and I love it. My phone has blackberry messenger where you can have conversations with other people who have a blackberry for free. I think blackberry messenger works much faster than text message which is better if you want to talk to someone quickly. I talk to many people on my phone and it is helpful when I need to talk to someone. Mostly I talk to someone by texting them or bbming them but sometimes I call people. Huge populations of kids in my town have IPhone’s or blackberries but in other towns it isn’t the same. Other towns might not all have these mobile phones and might have a different type of phone that they talk on.
I got a cell phone when I was in 6th grade and it wasn’t a blackberry. Not that many people had them yet because parents felt as if their children were too young to have them. Now many more people have blackberries and iPhone’s when they are very young. I know people in sixth grade with blackberries already. I understand why some people have phones very young because they need to contact people in emergencies. I don’t only use my cell phone for calling people and texting but I also play games on it and use the internet to search things up if I don’t have my computer around.
My phone is very helpful because if I need to contact my mom it’s great to be able to call her that minute and ask her to pick me up or take me somewhere or anything else I need her help with. Although this is a great resource to use in a situation that I need to contact someone it can also be a distraction to me. I get Facebook notifications on my phone and also my friend’s bbm or text me so I get off task sometimes when I need to do things important like school work or other important things. I am not a big fan of people texting all the time because I like to get to hang out with my friends and not use cell phones all the time.
Cell phones are great because not only can you bring it to all different places by just throwing it in your bag or pocket but you can use it to search things on the map and get somewhere just by using your phone. If I didn’t have a phone I wouldn’t be able to make plans as easily because it would be harder to contact friends. Cell phones can also impact driving because if you get a text or a call people like to answer which can cause an accident and get severely hurt. My cell phone has been beneficial before when I needed to contact a friend right that moment and I could just call them up or text them and get an answer and it was very helpful. Once when I was at the school and I found out I missed the bus and I had to get home because my tutor was at my house I just called my mom to pick me up and that was so helpful because if I wasn’t able to call her I would have been late to the tutor.

Comment by audreyblainegodnick96

This is fantastic!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 7:34:49 PM