STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: Mobile Phones

luluwhitney14
Lauren Whitney March 14, 2011
March Writing Contest Period 9B
Roslyn High School 9th Grade

Media: Mobile Phones

Mobile phones have a huge impact on most people’s lives. In my life cell phones impacted me in good ways because they help me make plans and contact a person which is very helpful. Most people have phones now and in my town many kids and adults have blackberries or iPhone’s. Personally I have a blackberry and I love it. My phone has blackberry messenger where you can have conversations with other people who have a blackberry for free. I think blackberry messenger works much faster than text message which is better if you want to talk to someone quickly. I talk to many people on my phone and it is helpful when I need to talk to someone. Mostly I talk to someone by texting them or bbming them but sometimes I call people. Huge populations of kids in my town have IPhone’s or blackberries but in other towns it isn’t the same. Other towns might not all have these mobile phones and might have a different type of phone that they talk on.
I got a cell phone when I was in 6th grade and it wasn’t a blackberry. Not that many people had them yet because parents felt as if their children were too young to have them. Now many more people have blackberries and iPhone’s when they are very young. I know people in sixth grade with blackberries already. I understand why some people have phones very young because they need to contact people in emergencies. I don’t only use my cell phone for calling people and texting but I also play games on it and use the internet to search things up if I don’t have my computer around.
My phone is very helpful because if I need to contact my mom it’s great to be able to call her that minute and ask her to pick me up or take me somewhere or anything else I need her help with. Although this is a great resource to use in a situation that I need to contact someone it can also be a distraction to me. I get Facebook notifications on my phone and also my friend’s bbm or text me so I get off task sometimes when I need to do things important like school work or other important things. I am not a big fan of people texting all the time because I like to get to hang out with my friends and not use cell phones all the time.
Cell phones are great because not only can you bring it to all different places by just throwing it in your bag or pocket but you can use it to search things on the map and get somewhere just by using your phone. If I didn’t have a phone I wouldn’t be able to make plans as easily because it would be harder to contact friends. Cell phones can also impact driving because if you get a text or a call people like to answer which can cause an accident and get severely hurt. My cell phone has been beneficial before when I needed to contact a friend right that moment and I could just call them up or text them and get an answer and it was very helpful. Once when I was at the school and I found out I missed the bus and I had to get home because my tutor was at my house I just called my mom to pick me up and that was so helpful because if I wasn’t able to call her I would have been late to the tutor.

Rate this:
Comment by audreyblainegodnick96

This is fantastic!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 7:34:49 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy