Media: YouTube

laulau
One of the most difficult addictions for most teenagers these days, myself included, to stop is YouTube surfing. YouTube is so attractive because it inspires, challenges, and entertains individuals on a more personal level compared to other conventional forms of media, such as the television and newspaper. These mediums attempt to assert mainstream fashions or global issues onto the viewer by spoon-feeding them the information. YouTube, on the other hand, opens up ways in which one can directly interact with the presented information.

For instance, in traditional forms of media, there is no interaction between the news anchors on Good Morning America and the DirectTV subscriber. There is no interaction between LA Times comic fanatics and the comic artist himself. There is no interaction! The occasional “letter to the editor” column in the newspaper filters so many letters that it can hardly be mentioned as a genuine interaction between the author and reader.

However, YouTube does provide a personal relationship. It accomplishes it by connecting the world locally, nationally, and internationally. For instance, on March 11, the Japanese 8.9 Earthquake footage and news went viral instantly after the natural disaster passed and CNN television broadcasted it on U.S. news coverage. As a result, hundreds of popular YouTube video makers posted videos expressing their sympathy for the Japanese situation by raising money and sometimes even broadcasting their own donations. Hundreds of subscribers then responded in the commentary stating their personal opinions on the situation. This web of relationships reaches on all levels of society. Thus, YouTube is definitely one of my most important form of media.
Comment by kid wavy

Outstanding job! Great job using urbane grammar.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:15:17 PM
Comment by AJPross96

great job i like how u compared youtube to other sources of media and how it is being used all over
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:43:09 PM
Comment by Precious

I agree with your post because youtube is one of the first things I grt on when im surfing the internet. My favorite thing to watch on youtube is music videos......what is you favorite thing to watch?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:04:07 PM
Comment by laulau

Thanks for the comments! You're all so nice :D

This is my first time actually posting stuff on this website, so I didn't know that you were supposed to turn in your essays according to Pacific Standard Time (I think)...I kinda panicked and just submitted whatever my rough draft was, which is why it's sounds choppy and ends bluntly, haha.

Anyways, apparently I can edit my post also. I should probably do that, and to answer your question I love watching random funnies like nigahiga and music videos also (yay!)
Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:44:07 AM