Media: Just A Click Away!

Lsalehx3
~Lina Saleh ~

Media: Just A Click Away!
Queens, New York
“What form of media impacts your life the most?” People use media every day. The “media” is an undeniably powerful entity in our daily lives and even more invasive for teens and college students, a generation growing up with more forms of media choices than any other generation before them. Media is a means of communication. Media is a place where you can find information. Teens today have more media choices than any previous generation. The media that impacts my life the most is internet. I feel that you can find more information on the internet than other Medias out there. The Internet is the world's largest library. In my opinion you can get the most information.
There are many sources on the internet. If you want to know wants going on because it isn’t on T.V channels at the moment, you can search it up on the internet. The internet never sleeps. It’s on 24/7 so you can use it anytime (unless your internet crashes down). You can get a lot of information off the internet. If you don’t find the information you need, the internet gives you a chance to communicate with others. You can chat, video chat, play games with others online, etc. The internet has all the answer you’re looking for. You just have to find it.
Internet is really important. To me the internet feels like a world passing around notes in a classroom. The time I heard about the earthquake/tsunami that occurred in Japan was school on the internet. We didn’t have any phones, televisions or newspapers in school that day in order to hear the news. So my teacher showed it to us on the internet. A couple years ago, my parents were looking for a house to buy. So they searched up houses on the internet and we found the perfect house.
Most places, restaurants, schools, stores, etc., have their own websites for people to search it up and look for any piece of information they would need. Sometimes you would miss a commercial(s) or if you need to know if there is any upcoming events just look online and there you have it. Most reports needs researching. When you don’t know much about a topic or you have to find out more about it you research it and you will get tons of results, all thanks to the internet!
There are advantages and disadvantages of using the internet. The disadvantage is that sometimes you won’t be able to find what you need or sometimes the information will not always be correct. But the advantage of it is that there is always more than one site to use on the internet. Each has all the information you need. There are many more the internet can do for you. This is why I feel it is an important media in life. Of course T.V news, magazines, books, newspapers, radio etc. are important. But I feel that the World Wide Web can help even more. A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click. Where ever you go, media will follow to keep you updated and make sure you understand what’s going on around you!