STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: Just A Click Away!

Lsalehx3
~Lina Saleh ~

Media: Just A Click Away!
Queens, New York
“What form of media impacts your life the most?” People use media every day. The “media” is an undeniably powerful entity in our daily lives and even more invasive for teens and college students, a generation growing up with more forms of media choices than any other generation before them. Media is a means of communication. Media is a place where you can find information. Teens today have more media choices than any previous generation. The media that impacts my life the most is internet. I feel that you can find more information on the internet than other Medias out there. The Internet is the world's largest library. In my opinion you can get the most information.
There are many sources on the internet. If you want to know wants going on because it isn’t on T.V channels at the moment, you can search it up on the internet. The internet never sleeps. It’s on 24/7 so you can use it anytime (unless your internet crashes down). You can get a lot of information off the internet. If you don’t find the information you need, the internet gives you a chance to communicate with others. You can chat, video chat, play games with others online, etc. The internet has all the answer you’re looking for. You just have to find it.
Internet is really important. To me the internet feels like a world passing around notes in a classroom. The time I heard about the earthquake/tsunami that occurred in Japan was school on the internet. We didn’t have any phones, televisions or newspapers in school that day in order to hear the news. So my teacher showed it to us on the internet. A couple years ago, my parents were looking for a house to buy. So they searched up houses on the internet and we found the perfect house.
Most places, restaurants, schools, stores, etc., have their own websites for people to search it up and look for any piece of information they would need. Sometimes you would miss a commercial(s) or if you need to know if there is any upcoming events just look online and there you have it. Most reports needs researching. When you don’t know much about a topic or you have to find out more about it you research it and you will get tons of results, all thanks to the internet!
There are advantages and disadvantages of using the internet. The disadvantage is that sometimes you won’t be able to find what you need or sometimes the information will not always be correct. But the advantage of it is that there is always more than one site to use on the internet. Each has all the information you need. There are many more the internet can do for you. This is why I feel it is an important media in life. Of course T.V news, magazines, books, newspapers, radio etc. are important. But I feel that the World Wide Web can help even more. A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click. Where ever you go, media will follow to keep you updated and make sure you understand what’s going on around you!
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy