Media: The Vortex

dr
It was pitch black, the sound of creaky doors, spooky sounds, and shrieking screams made it scarier as the girl walked through the mazed hallways of the haunted house, frightened by the ghouls, ghosts, and goblins that threaten all who dares to pass by. “You never know what is around the next corner…” says the TV as you get scared. Just as soon as you were going to leave, the television pulls you back in like a trance, filling you with suspense and excitement.

Television is considered as the best source to know about the events occurring in the world. It greatly affects our lives because it has the power to influence our thoughts. This effect is sometimes positive or can sometimes be negative. The weather forecast programs tell us about the weather so that we can take precautions or plan accordingly. It also gives us unknown facts and analysis of different situations, news etc.

Even though it has positive effects, it has negative effects. Television takes us away from everything occurring in the world around us, reality and draws us into the show making us wonder what will happen next, and get us excited at every twist and turn, forgetting about that homework you had promised to do two hours ago.
Comment by AJPross96

i like how the introduction started and the details on why television is considered your best source of media
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:01:04 PM
Comment by Tachea96

good job .. how does this impavt your life specifically though ?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:07:26 PM
Comment by ctruitt3

I agree with your post because television gives you breaking news everytime something happens.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:16:31 PM
Comment by michness

dr,

I'm the Writing Intern for StageofLife.com.

We wanted to let you know that your essay for our Teens and Media writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensandMedia.aspx

Two things...
1) Megan, our PR Coordinator, will be in touch with you via email (the one you used to register for StageofLife.com) to see if you'd like to be named in our national press release going out via PR Newswire.
2) Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Michelle

I like your view on what many consider to by the 'old media'. Great post!
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:21:21 AM