STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: A Realm of Distractions

nina55
Time passes by like it has been a year when I sit to do homework. Yet I dissipate no time to go to the computer to divulge myself to the unknown world of technology. Today I sit here to tell people why I like media and what role does it play in my life. Well right now this contrivance is helping me to communicate and tell people all around that Internet is something I cannot reside without. This screen, which seems to inscribe unknown letters, keeps me in its conspicuous light. The Google Chrome button is provoking me to set my mind off of this “work” and go to seek of its boundless treasures. I do so and right now I just updated my facebook status. I cannot help it but internet has become a daily habit of mine where I can go do just about anything I desire. For right now I just plan to conclude this and hasten to see what new music is in or to watch the drama episodes I missed. I never get tired of hooking on to the internet because you never know what the “guilty pleasure” has in store for us…
Rate this:
Comment by jordanbailey

Very Very well put!!!!! Even though it was short it still was good. You kept my attention the whole time. Great Job!!!!!!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:12:12 PM
Rate this:
Comment by bree

i agree with this, sometimes people get addicted to the internet, i like how you put alot of details in this, and how you kept it short.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:19:43 PM
Rate this:
Comment by ctruitt3

This is a very well put post.. It was short and to the point. nice job
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:26:34 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Tachea96

sounds very intellectual with a use of high vocabulary.. .. .. haha good job ( :
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:27:17 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy