STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: Facebook Knows a lot About That

EZMMCA
Media is a source on which information can be is posted on for the public to see. Media is used to persuade, to inform, and to entertain. Today, media is found everywhere; Especially on the Internet.
Facebook is one of these sources of media out there. It is a social networking site on which you can disseminate propaganda, gain new knowledge, and get the scoop of the day. Customarily, Facebook would be the one of the first vicinities on which you would encounter new information on your interests or concerns. Facebook is a place of entertainment on which you can share videos, pictures, and website links.
From my experience, Facebook is both handy and beneficial. Facebook connected me to many friends and acquaintances. In my presumption, Facebook is purely meant for entertainment and recreation. Facebook is really a successful comedy fest in which everyone who attends has a phenomenal time. Facebook is one big joke that almost everyone loves hearing. Facebook isnt always great. Facebook has its bad sides.
Facebook, along with other social networking sites are open to cyber-bullying. Cyber-bullying occurs almost everyday all over the United States. On Facebook, there is also dangers of meeting dangerous people, for example criminals and pedophiles. Some other risks are computer security risks. For example, some sites that are linked to Facebook can infect the computer with viruses and other malware.
As you can see, Facebook is my preferable source of media. Facebook is relied on by millions of users worldwide. Facebook can inform, entertain, and persuade. It is used as a communication system by many people. Facebook knows, Facebook knows exactly what media is.
Rate this:
Comment by Ashley

I like how you showed the negative and postive side of Facebook.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 1:55:49 PM
Rate this:
Comment by ferby444

Your contest entry is really good. It has nice grammar and very advanced vocabulary which is really nice. Great Work ! (:
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 1:56:26 PM
Rate this:
Comment by kid wavy

Excellent job on your essay. Your thoughts and ideas are well organized, and you used great grammar.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:00:47 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Rani

I can agree somewhat well based on what I know about facebook because me personally i dont have a facebook, but you should have read over it a lot of times before posting because its type boring I stop reading after the third line I just coulden't take it anymore it needs lots of revising. How much does facebook impacts your life; everyday, once a month......
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:05:36 PM
Rate this:
Comment by andrea

I agree with you about facebook is a souce that millions of teens and adults use, such as myself. I rely on facebook to tell me whats going on in my town. Good job with your examples but you had a little of grammar error.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:07:08 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Jenii

I like how your essay is done and its really good specially the part of <<Facebook>> I think you did a Good Job :)
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:21:55 PM
Rate this:
Comment by jordanbailey

this is good i am like how you let me know the dangerous things to stay away from on facebook and what is fun on there
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:23:48 PM
Rate this:
Comment by love is you!!!

I totally agree with what you are saying because facebook has everything and everybody is on it.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:06:36 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy