Media: The Internet, World’s Greatest Connection

Fatima.K
NY, USA
We’re in the beginning of the 19th century, communicating through mail and hazy telegraphs, helpful but still difficult. News takes literally weeks for you to hear about, communication is nearly unfeasible with others around the world. How long will this lack of communication and connection last? Not very long, as people finally realize the importance of the internet in 1950’s. As the invention first began it was very simple and not complex but as everyday passes more users are taken by the wave of users and have made the internet the #1 place for almost everything. From homework to entertainment, to even working at home, it covers every question topic, and idea.
“Go start your homework” the mother says. “Okay in a few minutes I’m busy right now” the girl replies. Nearly two hours pass by and she hasn’t started her homework. Well that girl is me. The first thing I do when I wake up is go open the internet whether it’s on my phone, computer or iPod and it’s the same for when I come home from school. That’s what makes the internet so great it’s accessible from everywhere. The internet definitely impacts my life most over television and news mostly because it covers all forms of media and not just one. With the internet you are informed about what around the world within a few minutes or even seconds. I would agree that the internet is also the fastest form of media there is today. One main reason that the internet has a greater impact is because I widely use more often than the others and it is the first place I resort to when I need more information about something or even if I wanted to communicate with family and friends. I would say that the internet is used by me every day for different purposes; I guess that why greatly used by others, for its compatibility for any use. My uses are mostly school related and also for entertainment. At every second, new information is added on the internet at high speed. I am also able to access and information about what occurring around the world without going anywhere which is very great. Also because communicating with friends at school isn’t the right time, communicating on the internet is a great alternative.
I could never imagine myself back in the early 1900’s without internet. Although the internet does leave some negative impacts on others, using it wisely and in ways that are helpful would diminish those impacts. For me I believe the internet has left positive impacts because it allows me to widen my knowledge while using it for other uses at the same time. As time goes on I believe the internet would revolutionize as well and many more would become users.