STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: People use media to connect with each other in many different ways

katherineguzman
People use different media's every day its a big way to keep them self's updated of what's going on all over the world and also to keep connected with there friends and family's that are really far away. As generations passed by until today it has advanced more and more, and theres something new and better as the years go by.this gives a positive and also negative impact in mostly kids and teens that use it for hours a day. Music is one of the most popular ways people relate, and connect to there life's but mostly every one in the world listens to music.

Teenagers listen to an average of nearly 2.5 hours of music per day. Nearly 9 out of 10 adolescents and teens have an MP3 player or a compact disc player in their bedrooms.The number jumped to 14 percent for rock songs, 20 percent for R&B and hip-hop songs, 36 percent for country songs and 77 percent for rap songs. Even though that sounds like its not something out of the ordinary,but One in three popular songs contains explicit references to drug or alcohol use.
Music is one of the ways people relax, show there feelings and show there mood. There are sow many types of music that we don't even know them all. There are billions of artists and there are at least on favorite artist or more that someone loves to listen to. Music is not only use at party's and at house or on a road trip its also use at school, its probably one of the best ways kids can remember and learn, hard words or even a strategy also its a negative impact because music is not always expressed nicely and sometimes they even mention drug's and sometimes its exposed to teens witch there actions might be to try it them selfs.
The type of media that impacts my life the most is music because i listen to it every day for at least 4 or even more hours it relaxes me and also gives me energy to do all my chores around the house and also to be active.This media is probably, the most popular in my life because theres a song for every mood i have and when I'm in a bad mood theres a song that could cheer me up.Since i was little i was also so-rounded by music and i was in a little group with some of my friends and we always entered the talent show and when i heard the music it was the most beautiful thing i have ever heard and music will always be apart of my life.
Even though music has some bad influence we have to be smart and not get carried away by what we hear and make smart choices and theres always a lesson learned in each song u just have to make it your own.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy