Media: Media that Affects My Life the Most

jordanbailey
There are many forms of media. The one that impacts my life the most is the Internet. There is a lot of information good and bad, it is a great way to communicate and stay connected with friends and family. I could be on the Internet for hours and not get bored. It is very appealing because of all the things you can do.
There are many different websites to visit. The ones that I go on when I am surfing the Web are Metsblog, Facebook, ESPN, and YouTube. I enjoy going on Metsblog because the Mets are my favorite baseball team. It gives me all the information about the Mets and it is current and up-to-date. Facebook affects my life because I am able to keep in contact with all of my friends at school. I can see my family that lives far away when they post pictures. I can see them even though I am not there with them. It makes me feel good to see them. I also meet many people who live in different parts of the world. Facebook is an interesting, useful, and inexpensive way to keep in contact and communicate.
ESPN is also a great website if you are interested in sports. Since I love basketball and baseball I can get all my information-scores, stats, news, trades, injuries, etc. ESPN has affected my life to the point where I have really considered being a sports commentator one day. YouTube is all about videos and music. You can see just about any video or listen to many songs having to pay for them. One of the things I do not like about YouTube is that people are able to upload videos that are degrading to other people; showing people fighting or getting beat up is not cool. That has a negative impact on me.
In conclusion, the Internet is a great resource that can have a negative or positive impact on my life as well as other people. If we use the Internet for all the right reasons, it can be very helpful in our everyday lives. It gives us the opportunity to have information twenty four hours a day. You can Google anything and find some kind of information that can be used. I have never lived without the Internet, so it has made a great impact on my life because I would have a hard time without it.
Comment by Precious

THATS MY BOYY.......OK JO YESS YESS!!!
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 6:01:36 PM
Comment by bree

I like how well organized your contest entry is, and i also like your usage of words. Good job.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:37:42 PM
Comment by ctruitt3

Nice job.. i agree with your eassay. It was very well organised and had lots of deatils
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:41:59 PM
Comment by kboards

I agree with this because their are many forms of media.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:42:01 PM
Comment by ferby444

Jordan i agree with you because facebook is how i interact with friends and family that i dont see everyday either. I also like youtube like you because thats when i look up funny videos and newest music when im bored. Good essay at the begining, i think you should capalize the word "it" because its the start of a new sentence. Nice Job ! (:
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:46:31 PM
Comment by Rani

I agree with you the internet is a big part in media. How much time do you spend on the internet
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:49:24 PM
Comment by ladiibreezy01

this was a good entry. what if you didnt have your computer?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:12:19 PM