Media: News

jkern5548
Justin Kern

Media: The News
The form of media that impacts my life the most is the news, weather it’s on the TV or in the newspaper. I am from NY and if there was no news a lot of things would not happen. Some people take the media for granted. Just because we have 4 newspapers and many news channels and all reporters doesn’t mean everyone has access to the information. China for example has limited resources because they have an anarchical gov’t. In the news the community becomes informed of things that are of great detail. Such as major disasters and tragedies that effect the surrounding areas and the nation.
In this time in age the media pretty many controls are lives. The computer and the smart phone are more of a distraction than anything in the world. In this age of technology you don’t even have to leave your house to do anything. The media has a big effect on today’s population in good and bad ways. If you take away someone’s phone it’s like taking their brain there lost. This is not the only problem with the media but it also causes people to sometimes make bad decisions. If a person is being made fun of on some website that can cause the person to kill themselves. Another thing is that media can cause uprisings like the one in Egypt the people were using Facebook and twitter. The media today has evolved a lot from when it had first started. The media today will cover speeches and other events that happen in the world. Blogs are another popular form of media. Blogs give up dates and talk about things that are happing or like when a phone is coming out or about video games. Other social apps and web sites are also a big deal in this society such as kick and blackberry messenger (BBM). I have a blackberry and I like the BBM app and other social apps like Facebook and twitter. Media also keeps are society in touch with instant alerts and status updates. Now a days everybody and every corporation use Facebook and twitter to get the news out to the public. I use blogs and my bbm group to get minute to minute updates on games and on fire and police calls around the county and tri-state area. Without these technologic advances the world would not know what was going on because not many people still have time to sit around and watch TV.
In today’s society the News has a major impact on my life and the lives of all other people around the world.