What form of media impacts your life the most, and why?

jhs9987
I think media is a very big part of the average person’s life. Almost everybody has a mobile phone, or should I say a smart phone? These devices can access the internet which has become a very useful tool for almost anything. It can help you research, and you can shop for almost anything without leaving your home. Television keeps you connected to news locally and all around the world, as well as keeping you entertained and making you laugh. Mobile phones have text messaging capabilities which means you can talk to someone through text without even talking. Just type away. The texting feature has become very popular within the past 8 years.
The most important form of media in my life is the internet. I use it every day for any questions I have, or even entertainment. If I want to buy something I can order it online from the stores website in just a few clicks of the mouse. It is that simple. If I want to be entertained I can go to hulu.com and watch the latest episode of family guy, or I can go to addictinggames.com and play some fun games. I can use e-mail to communicate with other people and to get order/shipping conformations when I order something online. You can even track your package and they will tell you where it is located. Youtube.com is a great thing to do on the internet. You can listen to music, watch funny videos and they even have great tutorials. One really cool thing is that anyone can post a video on to youtube.com; just make an account, record your video, and upload it. It’s that simple. Another cool thing on the internet that I check daily is blogs. I like to follow technology blogs to get updated on the latest technology news. Some things they blog about are release dates for a new smartphone or computer, or what a new product is going to be able to do. There are many reasons why the internet is the most important part of media in my life but the main reason is because it includes most other parts of media in one. For example, if I want news I don’t have to go get newspaper or check on the news channel on TV. I just check the internet. Or if I want to watch a TV show I can do that on the internet as well. Or if I want to check the weather I don’t have to check the weather channel on TV I can just check on the internet. I think it is a more convenient way of obtaining your information on a daily basis. My favorite part of the internet is that I have it wherever I go. My smartphone has internet capabilities and so does my laptop, so if I don’t have my computer at the time I want to use the internet I will most likely have my smart phone to use.