STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

What form of media impacts your life the most, and why?

jhs9987
I think media is a very big part of the average person’s life. Almost everybody has a mobile phone, or should I say a smart phone? These devices can access the internet which has become a very useful tool for almost anything. It can help you research, and you can shop for almost anything without leaving your home. Television keeps you connected to news locally and all around the world, as well as keeping you entertained and making you laugh. Mobile phones have text messaging capabilities which means you can talk to someone through text without even talking. Just type away. The texting feature has become very popular within the past 8 years.
The most important form of media in my life is the internet. I use it every day for any questions I have, or even entertainment. If I want to buy something I can order it online from the stores website in just a few clicks of the mouse. It is that simple. If I want to be entertained I can go to hulu.com and watch the latest episode of family guy, or I can go to addictinggames.com and play some fun games. I can use e-mail to communicate with other people and to get order/shipping conformations when I order something online. You can even track your package and they will tell you where it is located. Youtube.com is a great thing to do on the internet. You can listen to music, watch funny videos and they even have great tutorials. One really cool thing is that anyone can post a video on to youtube.com; just make an account, record your video, and upload it. It’s that simple. Another cool thing on the internet that I check daily is blogs. I like to follow technology blogs to get updated on the latest technology news. Some things they blog about are release dates for a new smartphone or computer, or what a new product is going to be able to do. There are many reasons why the internet is the most important part of media in my life but the main reason is because it includes most other parts of media in one. For example, if I want news I don’t have to go get newspaper or check on the news channel on TV. I just check the internet. Or if I want to watch a TV show I can do that on the internet as well. Or if I want to check the weather I don’t have to check the weather channel on TV I can just check on the internet. I think it is a more convenient way of obtaining your information on a daily basis. My favorite part of the internet is that I have it wherever I go. My smartphone has internet capabilities and so does my laptop, so if I don’t have my computer at the time I want to use the internet I will most likely have my smart phone to use.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy