Media: Dominance of the Mind

symye666
Rochester,NY
Sitting nonchalantly as I gaze into Vizio’s HD vortex
While engulfed in the images that dance around on the screen, previous thoughts of the day are eroded away
I seep into an unspeakable trance as I’m pervaded with the “reality” that lives on the screen-managing to evade the diatribes that encompass me
My blood-shot eyes strain to assimilate what’s happening, as the information I comprehend is divulged from my lips to a companion
Time passes and the endurance I once had begins to deplete rapidly
The couch becomes my bed in a matter of time-as the T.V. now watches me
As I drift into an abysmal sleep, the remote takes a sharp “TWAT!!!” to the hard wood floor
My eyes snap open and I am once again captivated-struggling to not be torn away from the bright lights that dominate my mind
Comment by Ashley

Good job!
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:17:00 PM
Comment by kboards

I agree with this because phones and televison etc. are dominating the world. I really like this Title. Good Job!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:14:32 PM
Comment by jazzi_16

I love how you used so many elements in your entry and i love reading your entry i wasz very well written good job :)
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:27:40 PM
Comment by Rani

I agree with you but you really should calm down the those big words give me something u can understand not anything that i have to look up in the dictuonary but other than that its really good. I can't understand if your talking about the computer screen or the tv screen.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:41:59 PM
Comment by andrea

I agree with Rani I couldn't go on with out going to dictionary.com every minute. This is a great job on a college level.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:49:52 PM
Comment by symye666

Thanx for the commentss but the vocabulary won't be slowing down at all
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:18:06 PM
Comment by Khid Kash

I like how you indirectly expressed your most favorite form of media
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:22:10 PM
Comment by JPaige1

This is clearly magnificent! I agree so much because I am constantly attached to the TV. Does TV impact your outlook on life?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:22:30 PM
Comment by JordanJ

Great job, the vocabulary you used was excellent and the essay was great and easyy to read, the vocabulary wasn't bad at all and was perfect and used perfectly, Great job....What other kind of media impacts you the most??
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:25:06 PM
Comment by anthony hymes

you did really good on your essay.I really think that you have a chance to win.I agree with your essay.What would you do if there was no T.V.?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:33:20 PM
Comment by love is you!!!

Your essay is wonderful, and I love your choice of words.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:35:06 PM
Comment by symye666

To JordanJ: Thanx for understanding my vocabulay usage. The othe types of media that impact my life most would have to be my ipod touch and my laptop.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:36:28 PM
Comment by symye666

Anthony, If I didn't have t.v. my PS3 would be my next addiction. Internet and games-the best of both worlds all wrapped up in one!!!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:38:04 PM
Comment by cherokee10

i agree, because when i get done watching tv I feel like im somewhere different. how many hours a day are you watching tv?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:38:23 PM
Comment by symye666

JEEP CHEROKEE!!!, i can't even answer your question. I eat dinner in front of the t.v. do my homeowrk in front of the t.v. work on my laptop in front of the t.v. My life revolves around my t.v.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:44:27 PM
Comment by Shameal

I disagree with how interesting you make t.v seem. It's not all that good except for One Life To Live and Jersey Shore!! What is your favorite show? Great job!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:47:45 PM
Comment by symye666

Amari, Its not my fault you don't find t.v. as intresting as I do. My favo shows would have to be bhad girls club,one life to live, the real world,jersey shore,chopped,cupcake wars,no ordinary family,glee and the list gos on and on and on....
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:52:03 PM