Media: Ode to Facebook

JPaige1
New York

I used to play outside.
I used to talk to my family and share my interesting stories with everyone.
However, now, everything has changed.
I eat, sleep and breathe Facebook.
My basic routine consists of home, Facebook, eat, Facebook, homework, Facebook, shower, Facebook, sleep.
Usually, I am engulfed in the different statuses and pictures uploaded by my “friends”.
Like this, comment that.
Facebook ,I love you.
You let me express my mind and how I’m feeling.
Help me organize my thoughts.
If the laptop dies, you are still there.
Facebook Mobile.
You never fail me.
Comment by cherokee10

i agree because facebook is very distracting, how does your family feel about you spending more time on facebook that with them?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:25:48 PM
Comment by JordanJ

I agree facebook is really addicting, you did a great job and everything was well organized. Besides facebook what other type of media impacts you??
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:30:38 PM
Comment by symye666

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POEM!!! My Favorite part was:.....Facebook, eat, Facebook, homework, Facebook, shower, Facebook, sleep.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:32:10 PM
Comment by Shameal

I agree with your daily routine because it is similar to mine. Do you use any other social networks? Good Job Jayy
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:37:58 PM
Comment by anthony hymes

I agree and i think that you did a good job.What would you do if there was no facebook?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:44:40 PM
Comment by michness

JPaige1,

I'm the Writing Intern for StageofLife.com.

We wanted to let you know that your essay for our Teens and Media writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensandMedia.aspx

Two things...
1) Megan, our PR Coordinator, will be in touch with you via email (the one you used to register for StageofLife.com) to see if you'd like to be named in our national press release going out via PR Newswire.
2) Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Michelle
Comment by kinzie52

isnt it ridiculous to see how engulfed we can be my media! great job explaining how facebook has impacted you!
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:25:31 AM
Comment by bree

good job Jordan, i really liked how simple and short you kept this. This really caught my attention. This was well organized.
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:00:11 PM