Media: Music, Heart, and Soul

Shameal
Boom-boom-boom, the bass goes as I drown out everything that goes on all around me. A voice so soft and sweet begins to speak that a noisy infant could instantly quiet down and fall so soundlessly asleep. The only thing that my confused and troubled mind puts its focus on is the song that is being delivered into my earlobes. Occasionally, my voice will go in and out singing the lyrics of the tune.
Music is my life and has so much impact on it. First and foremost, there isn’t a day that I am not listening to music or humming a part of a song. For instance, I roll out of bed and turn on my IPod to get ready for school or wherever I am going for the day.
When I am tongue tied or stumbling over words to express how I feel, music does this for me. There are so many songs that display every emotion that is out there. My favorite types of music are songs from the 1990s. This is so because they have meaning. I really don’t care for the music that is being produced today, for I believe it lacks substance. There are a few selective songs that I do like in the present day.
Music influences the way I live. There are songs that encourage individuals to be themselves. This is why I am not afraid to dress how I want to or talk how I want to. I learned that being unique is fine and awesome.
Music is everything; my life!
Comment by Justina

Music is quite wonderful indeed. I especially love modest Mouse who formed in 1993. :- )
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:27:26 AM
Comment by Precious

I agree because music keeps people from being bored. What is your favorite song?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:53:17 PM
Comment by anthony hymes

Iliked your essay and i agree with your essay. What would you do if there was no tv?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:53:54 PM
Comment by Shameal

@ Precious: I have no favorite song! I love alot!
@ Anthony: Your question makes no sense!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:56:57 PM
Comment by LadiiCort

I like how you used sounds words. What form on genre do you like to listen to?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:57:11 PM
Comment by cherokee10

I agree, because when I listen to music I sometimes block out everything. What genres of music do you listen to?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 7:05:15 PM