STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Media: Gossip is My Motivaton

Rani
NY
What forms of media impacts my life the most? I can honestly say gossip is the type of media that impacts my life the most. It’s local, free, you can find it everywhere and it comes in every size shape and form. Gossip provides an opening and offers closure. It’s not always accurate but it calms down my intense curiosity. It offers excitement and drama! Gossip is the extinguisher to my fire; it is the light to my day and the dark to my night; It’s the first thing I hear in the morning and the last thing I hear at night. According to dictionary.com gossip is a rumor or idle talk. According to myself, gossip is a stage of life; it’s something that most of all future, current, or past teenagers have interacted with or been affected by. When and where does gossip occur? Gossip occurs any and everywhere, it’s one of those international types of media, you know the worldwide type.
Rate this:
Comment by Justina

Ah, gossip is quite fun - until it turns into libel or slander!
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:37:31 AM
Rate this:
Comment by Ms. Jenkins

I Like thiss Rani Duheart. and form it comming from a goofy person like you , It's intersting
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:22:56 PM
Rate this:
Comment by kid wavy

Very good job Rani, your thoughts were well organized, and you also you used proper grammar.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:31:39 PM
Rate this:
Comment by andrea

I like this and I agree. This is writen in a poetic form and I love it. Good job !
P.S. You for got commas between size, shape, and form lol
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:31:55 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Jenii

I love this specially if is coming from you because it makes it really funny because i imagine you saying this. But i think you did a really good job on this essay.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:35:59 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Tachea96

Good job Rani ( :
you kept my attention and I enjoyed reading this . However, do you like being a part of gossip as well ?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:36:45 PM
Rate this:
Comment by kboards

I agree and like this. Good Job!
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:38:03 PM
Rate this:
Comment by ctruitt3

Your essay is vey good.. Its well put together, and you seemed to spend alot of time on it
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:38:34 PM
Rate this:
Comment by jazzi_16

I like how you compares things in this entry i also like how you named your source
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:40:12 PM
Rate this:
Comment by bree

Good job rani , this is very good, and its really well organized. I like how you wrote with correct grammer.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 2:40:47 PM
Rate this:
Comment by LadiiCort

Ohh Rani, this is good and i agree with it. Of course you did an essay on gossip. Are you ever the gossip that you love so much?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:28:10 PM
Rate this:
Comment by JPaige1

This is really good. I agree with it because gossip is very entertaining. Do you think you will handle it ok if the people start gossiping about you?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:37:11 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Ms. Robinson

Rani this is good. I like this. Its very interesting. This is good, but do you like to be involved in gossip, especially if the gossip is about you?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:41:37 PM
Rate this:
Comment by cherokee10

I agree, because every time I see you, you are always gossiping. How would you feel if someone gossiped about all of the time?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 7:34:19 PM
Rate this:
Comment by Rani

Well it seems that all of you have similar questions. So I am just going to put it all into two questions and say that you all are asking if I like being gossiped about or would i stiill like gossip if I was in the middle of it. Well I can honestly say that i am okay being in the middle of ANY type of gossip. Do i like being gossiped about. Well heck yes who dosent Come on guys its drama and who doesen't like drama LOL seriously.
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 9:26:21 PM
Rate this:
Comment by KatFlo101

I love the similes. Im not a big fan of gossip but I do like drama. And i like the essay
Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 1:25:16 AM
Rate this:
Comment by kinzie52

this was very insightful! i didn't even consider gossip as a form of media until i read your writing. and regarding the writing itself-wow! i love your analogies and your anecdotes. great job!
Posted: Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:57:04 AM
Rate this:
Comment by xyipeng

Gossip is a really good idea for media!
Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2011 5:16:38 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy