Media: Let's Stay Connected

andrea
Rochester New York
According to Dictionary.com media means communication, such as radio, television, magazines, newspaper, etc. The type of media that impacts my life is the internet.
The internet impacts my life because I can take and use it where ever I go. Such as a laptop I can have Wi-Fi on it and travel around the world with it. If my laptop dies I can us my cell phone. At home I can have a desktop computer. Also I have more usage in the internet than with a television. On my cell phone or computer I can watch television through the work of the internet. The internet can be used as a television, book, phone and even more. I use the internet in different ways for different circumstances. For an example, if I have an essay due and can search the web for more information rather than going to the library or if I don’t know the meaning of a word I can search it on Dictionary.com. If I want to know what’s going on in my acquaintance’s life or how they are feeling I can go to Facebook. If I don’t feel like talking and having a long conversation on the phone I can instant message an acquaintance. Also, if I don’t want to go to the store to buy things, I can go online and shop. The internet is way more convenient to use. I can even use the internet as a radio and search songs on Youtube. I can also use it as an entertainment when I’m bored. I can visit y8.com to play games or I can visit my favorite television show web sites. The internet is also used for emails and a telephone. For this, you can go to web sites like Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail.
The media affects people in different ways. Also different types of media are used for different reasons and for different people. At the end of the day, everyone uses media in their daily lives. The internet is my best friend that I can depend on for anything.
Comment by cherokee10

i agree, because when i miss a show at home i can go online and watch it. what websites do you use more when you're on the internet?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:17:35 PM
Comment by ladiibreezy01

i think your essay. i also like how you explain why you like and how you inherited everyone in your media. but what if there was no internet?
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 6:24:14 PM
Comment by Ms. Jenkins

i so agree naenay because what if there was no internet
Posted: Friday, April 1, 2011 7:57:00 PM