Media: Yahoo to YouTube

bkail23
I live in Pennsylvania, and I would like my article featured in the media.

So, it is average weekday, and I am sitting at home with nothing, other than homework, to do. While passing the time staring at the ceiling, I decide to hop on the computer to go on Facebook. But as I am in the midst of opening my web browser, it directs me to my homepage, Yahoo. I hurriedly click up to the URL box so that I may depart from the site's dull stories that they most likely compiled within 5 minutes of hearing. Amid typing the address of my desired website, I glance and catch a glimpse of a story that actually affects me and my interests. Upon that notion, I click on the fabrication to gaze upon it further. Reading the text interests me, but not as much as it possibly could. Consequently I then jolt back to that same URL box and go to YouTube. There I type the topic or name of the media into the search box so that I may find an intricate yet compelling video to give myself a better idea of what I had just read. That to me is the most affective type of media. Teens and young adults spend over 30 hours a week on the computer. That alone says that it has a greater impact than television, radio, or any other out-dated media source. In addition, the internet usually provides news or media that corresponds to teenagers directly or things that actually do not put them to sleep. Cutting off teenagers from the use of media would be the equivalent of rounding us up and brainwashing us. Only there after, we would be dropped off in a third world country therefore permitting the American youth to never attain any sense of knowledge. That is why I am saying that the internet is the most dynamic media origin, and it is completely necessary that it be up kept.

Brenden Kail