Media: The Silent Disease of the World

gabbylolz123
Many years have passed as the development of multiple electronics, social networks, television reality shows, and various tabloid magazines have been released. The current generation of 2010 has, by far, been the greatest in media developmentals. The impact on society, to me, is very clear. The media is completely ruining our generation.
Everyday, a mention of Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, or something on Vh1 crosses my line of hearing. That list consists of three typical forms of media: social networks, blog sites, and television shows. A person used to have to return from a job, school, or activity to access any kind of information from either a telephone, computer, or television. Now, people can access updates from all of these, wherever they are, as long as they have a phone and enough signal bars to recieve a message. The constant review of the world is urining what people have in front of htem now. I have taken a simple trip to a coffee shop, and saw a pair of teenagers on a date; both on their phones. For the ten minutes I waited, I had not heard a word from either of them. That would be a typical dya by day example of how the media is adding itself into lives of the young, and deleting other, more important things.
The simple 24/7 presense of the media is one horrendous thing, but what the world chooses to display in it is another. People spend hours on Facebook or MySpace talking rudely, cursing, and threatening one another publicly. Tabloid magazines continue on to make very rash and untruthful assumptions about celebrities, and post pictures as close to porongraphy as they can legally get. All of these unhealthy and distasteful things are released into the world daily. Teaching my fellow teenagers and peers that it is perfectly acceptable to kill people, flash body parts, smoke into hallucination, intimidate others unfairly, drink into sickness, prostitute themselves, and commit suicide. What parent or guardian is satisfied with their child knowing every lyric to a song titled "I Must Be High"? Public figures, magazines, the internet, and more are making any negative thing okay, as long as becoming a "thug" or a popular figure finalizes as a result.
Opinions do not matter when it comes to such a topic as media. Opinions are needed for an extremity, which the media deffinately quialifies as. But, if the deeback is not positive, there is no publicity. Since the media is soley based on popularity, it thrives. Magazines are created for people to make common conversation about celebrities and public figures, text messages and Facebook are created for people to quickly update and publish themselves in a public area, and reality shows are bent and twisted to add an extra fight or couple curse words to entertain the viewer. Opinions are not what is needed in the field of media, but attention.
The media has deffinately taken a defferent turn in the last couple years; deffinately for the worst. Actions and words that were quickly frowned upon years ago are now laughed and considered a booster in social status. All things created by man have the potential to be powerful, and can be used in multiple ways. Sadly, the media has been one that fell into the darker use of it's ways.