STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am a Bieleber

mynameisASHley
I am a Bieleber. Yes, that means that I believe in the annoying, love him or hate him Justin Bieber. Say what you will about him, but being a Bieleber means more then just following his every move (which I don’t do,) it’s why you believe that matters. I’m pretty sure this is going to stir up quite a bit of controversy.

Justin Bieber taught me to be my own person. I’m not the type of girl you’d point at and say, “OMG, she has total Bieber Fever.” I’m what some would stereotype as punk or emo. I’m very to myself and don’t like most people. Most people look at me and through their food. But to be honest, even us “weird” people love Justin Bieber.

Justin Bieber taught me confidence. I can know blast his music (along with other bands) as loud has I can and dance around my room or even in my classes. Sometimes I even pretend I’m at a concert. Did I mention I’m a 15-year-old girl who has never been to a concert?

Justin Bieber taught me not to care what anyone thinks and about commitment. If you think he’s gay then that’s fine by me. To me and many other people, he is an idol. A lot of people don’t like him only because so many people do. Because he is committed to his singing career, he doesn’t care whether people like him or not. He’s about his music. I’m on marching band so I know about commitment. Being on colorguard has its ups and downs so I had to learn how to deal with all the teasing from cheerleaders and other people who don’t know what they were talking about.

Justin Bieber taught me about responsibility and loyalty. He doesn’t smoke or drink alcohol. He isn’t partying until 5 am. He isn’t dating a different person every other week. I never knew what smoking was until my 7th grade health class. I never wanted to try alcohol and the only parties I’ve been to are, well, we played Candyland and had cake. I go to school and come home on the bus. I do homework and then I watch my siblings until 8 at night. And then I go to bed. I don’t sneak out and I am loyal to my parents, friends, and teachers.

Justin Bieber taught me to have a sense of humor and not to take things literally. I didn’t know who Chuck Norris was until I saw it in his Thank You’s in his second album. I used to take everything my dad said to me literally. Now I’m able to joke back with him without shutting myself out of the world.

As you can see, my belief in the Biebster is deeper then what you imagined. Nah, I’m not trying to rub my Bieber Fever off onto you, but what I was trying to do was make you see the obsession on a different, more personal level. Hopefully, the next time you get annoyed with your daughter or son or just a random person at the grocery store by singing his music or squealing over his pictures in a magazine, you remember me and why I believe in Justin Bieber.

Rate this:
Comment by Yggdrasil

I feel you, girl. I hear people talk crap about the biebs every other day, and for the longest time I went along with all the jokes cause I had never listened to his music. Then one day I decided to actually listen, and now, well, I Belieb. Its refreshing to see someone who neither hates him or loves him to death like I do!
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:43:53 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy