I am a Bieleber

mynameisASHley
I am a Bieleber. Yes, that means that I believe in the annoying, love him or hate him Justin Bieber. Say what you will about him, but being a Bieleber means more then just following his every move (which I don’t do,) it’s why you believe that matters. I’m pretty sure this is going to stir up quite a bit of controversy.

Justin Bieber taught me to be my own person. I’m not the type of girl you’d point at and say, “OMG, she has total Bieber Fever.” I’m what some would stereotype as punk or emo. I’m very to myself and don’t like most people. Most people look at me and through their food. But to be honest, even us “weird” people love Justin Bieber.

Justin Bieber taught me confidence. I can know blast his music (along with other bands) as loud has I can and dance around my room or even in my classes. Sometimes I even pretend I’m at a concert. Did I mention I’m a 15-year-old girl who has never been to a concert?

Justin Bieber taught me not to care what anyone thinks and about commitment. If you think he’s gay then that’s fine by me. To me and many other people, he is an idol. A lot of people don’t like him only because so many people do. Because he is committed to his singing career, he doesn’t care whether people like him or not. He’s about his music. I’m on marching band so I know about commitment. Being on colorguard has its ups and downs so I had to learn how to deal with all the teasing from cheerleaders and other people who don’t know what they were talking about.

Justin Bieber taught me about responsibility and loyalty. He doesn’t smoke or drink alcohol. He isn’t partying until 5 am. He isn’t dating a different person every other week. I never knew what smoking was until my 7th grade health class. I never wanted to try alcohol and the only parties I’ve been to are, well, we played Candyland and had cake. I go to school and come home on the bus. I do homework and then I watch my siblings until 8 at night. And then I go to bed. I don’t sneak out and I am loyal to my parents, friends, and teachers.

Justin Bieber taught me to have a sense of humor and not to take things literally. I didn’t know who Chuck Norris was until I saw it in his Thank You’s in his second album. I used to take everything my dad said to me literally. Now I’m able to joke back with him without shutting myself out of the world.

As you can see, my belief in the Biebster is deeper then what you imagined. Nah, I’m not trying to rub my Bieber Fever off onto you, but what I was trying to do was make you see the obsession on a different, more personal level. Hopefully, the next time you get annoyed with your daughter or son or just a random person at the grocery store by singing his music or squealing over his pictures in a magazine, you remember me and why I believe in Justin Bieber.

Comment by Yggdrasil

I feel you, girl. I hear people talk crap about the biebs every other day, and for the longest time I went along with all the jokes cause I had never listened to his music. Then one day I decided to actually listen, and now, well, I Belieb. Its refreshing to see someone who neither hates him or loves him to death like I do!
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 12:43:53 AM