Media: In The Eyes Of Shrunken Teenagers

xxtokyoxx
Media is defined as means of communication, if you live in this generation then you know it as; the one thing that spreads like fire when it’s running. The shocking story of how the latest celebrity got in trouble, a criminal caught at the scene, or even a new study in obesity. It’s everywhere you go, planted to grow into a full tree that will grow anything that is worth knowing in the minds of this generation.

We all want to know what’s going on in our lives, and that’s where the media comes in. All the juiciest gossip laid out plain in front of you one being Face-Book. Now there are millions and beyond of people that use it. Kids ranging from as young as five to about a hundred, but if you lived to be that old I don’t think you’d have a face book, but that’s the thing face-book is completely public. Signing up consists of your name, email, bio, and all your personal information for the world to see.

When you’re logging on and all of a sudden a notification pops up, and you’re the type who has to know right then what it is. It might be that cute guy, you’ve been eying lately and just got the nerve to add him to your friends list. But here’s the catch, an acquaintance of yours put a nasty message on your wall for all your friends to see. So you think it’s the best to snap right back and the argument continue. Adults read it, and if you want a job they might look on that Face Book of yours, and see what you put on there. Do you think they want to see you spewing off profanity to someone and putting racy pictures up? The answer is a thumb down or commonly said to be a no.

To me this whole media thing has spiraled into a deep hole. Too many of us are so involved in what’s going on that we start to lose the reality of what really matters. Our parents before us didn’t have computers and all these fancy gadgets like we do now. They were out living more, but now our media has gotten out of hand.

As for me playing a role in media, I prefer to keep quiet. I have access to media, and I’m a victim of its tight grip. I’m on face book everyday and no matter how many times I say I’m going to delete it, I decide not to. I’m using a Cell phone, reading magazines and a computer on a daily basis, and that’s a big chunk of the media.

As for taking one out I’d have to say the T.V. It just sits there in our house, sometimes used. Besides I’ve got a computer to watch all the latest movies. I could live without TV for awhile, just not my favorite thing.