Marriage: Disney's Designated Future

hummingbird824
I’ve been brainwashed by Disney! That much is obvious. I mean, I’ve never felt anything close to the pangs of that deep, the-earth-will-end-without-you love, but I still believe in that fairy tale. Is it just a fairy tale? Perhaps. But all I know is when I picture my future – there’s a handsome prince waiting for me.

But why do I need this? The charming factors – someone to wake up next to everyday; someone to tell all your secrets too, someone who will be there for you whether you’re a sinner or a saint. The practical factors – someone to do your laundry in a time crunch; someone pour your tea for you when you just can’t get up; someone to slap your out of those cray-cray moods everyone falls victim too.

I guess the true value of marriage is foreverness. Not that that’s a word, but whatever. I know divorce has gone rampant like that sneaky Asian plant Kudzu that has taken over the world, but STILL. I want someone to look me in the eye, and tell me they are willing to give forever with me, just ME, a shot. I mean if my father, an angry old volcano of “Mr. Darcyness” as his peaceful counterpart calls it, and my mom can stay happily together, it’s possible.

Princes, I’m ready when you are........ just kidding. I'm in high school. Sheesh.

I really liked and can appreciate your examples and impressions on marriage. For example; making tea 'when the other is too tired to get up'....as opposed to the unfortunate, "make me my tea"! What great qualities you see in marriage! I know there are many reasons why marriages fail and some of those reasons are already set in the initial stages of courtship. Finding someone who shares the same or similar values as you will be a blessing. There will always be some differences in marriage, but when you start on the good foot it just makes it so much easier and harmonious to work through those differences and hard times. This was a really nice essay. Good luck!
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:10:03 PM
Comment by bugcandy

I wanted to let you know that your essay for our February writing contest about marriage was one of the finalists. Megan, our PR Coordinator, will be in touch with you (if she hasn't already) via email.

We'll be announcing the winner later today or tomorrow. I personally look forward to seeing more of your essays/writing on StageofLife.com.

Thanks for sharing your point of view with us!

Yours,

Eric
Presient & CEO, StageofLife.com

P.s. Did you enter the current student writing contest?
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:35:08 PM