Marriage: The Real Thing and Why It's Great

vab2016
There are many differences between what people think marriage is today and what it really is. Today people think that you can be married until it gets hard and then you can have a divorce, or that you can be married until it stops being “fun” and then get out. Another variation is that young adults think that it will be all fun and always easy; they don’t think that there will be fighting and hard times. The truth about marriage is that it will not always be easy but if you love each other you will be able to work through it. Also when people know the real meaning of marriage, that you love each other enough to spend the rest of their lives together, they will take more time to make sure that they are right for each other.
A huge advantage to being married is that if you have kids they are generally less confused being in one household than being between two different households. Kids who are born out of wedlock can have a confused look on life. There are different morals and standards in each of the parents households so if the parents have joint custody the child will have to learn how to adapt to each lifestyle. Being in different households and having different pressures put on them will make smoking and drinking more enticing to relieve any stress put on them by not only friends but also their parents. I personally cannot imagine not having both of my parents to go to for advice and support.
Marriage ties people together. In Catholic families marriage is a sacrament that is not taken lightly. Even if you are not Catholic or any religion most people should take marriage as a very serious commitment where you get to know the person before you decide to spend the rest of your life with them. In marriage you always have someone there to support you, even if you’re in the middle of a fight or in hard times.
My parents have been happily married for almost seventeen years. They have been through many things including, miscarriages, unemployment, debt, and family deaths; but they have never let any of that tear them apart. They have always been loyal to each other and supported each other. They have shown me and my siblings what true love is and that it will never be perfect. There will be fights and hardships, but the trick is to work through them together. My greatest wish is to have a relationship as strong as theirs and a family as great as my own. If every marriage was like my parents there would be much less suffering and sadness in the world.