Marriage: A Sacred Stage

star11495
Marriage is, in my opinion, a very holy or set apart stage of life. Marriage presently unfortunately is not what it used to be. Some take marriage lightly. Some marry multiple people in their life, while I believe that there is only one person that you should choose to share your life with, even if that relationship is short-lived. My parents had a beautiful marriage for 25 years, until my dad died in August 2010. Although my mom is still at an age where she could get married again, she strongly believes that my dad was the only one for her. The Bible says that when you’re married, you become one flesh. You, and your partner, are mended together. That kind of union cannot be something that goes around. It has to be a once in a lifetime thing, not a one-night stand. Like the unification of marriage, the aspects of marriage are just as important. Love, trust and contentment, in my opinion, are the key to a successful relationship. Love is a huge subject, you can never finish talking about what love is. But simply put, love begins when all you do when you look at someone, is ask them what you can do for them. Trust; well you can’t have a relationship without trust. If your spouse goes away on a business trip, you should have enough faith that he/she really did go to do what he/she said. Contentment is a combination of love and trust. Many times, especially initially in a relationship, things are hard financially. It takes loving your spouse, and the faith that things will work out for better to help you to be satisfied with where you are. Life brings a lot everyone’s way; marriage brings people to say, “We don’t care how much life throws on our shoulders, we are in this together."