Marriage: Probably Not For Me

cristina
Marriage has lost a lot of its meaning. I mean really, how many 30' something year old women only get married because of societal and familial pressures? In society, unfortunately, to not be married before a certain age is considered embarissing. Since when did marriage become a contest!? I for one get nervous as the thought of being with someone for 30-40 years. If people truly felt marriage was all about love, interracial couples would not be discriminated against and gay marriage wouldn't even be an issue. But unfortunately, it's just not like that. People should stop reading little girls stories about the "perfect" prince and instead focus on teaching them the value of independance and self love. So many women out there cannot seem to love themselves but they are desperate to find a man who will.