Marriage: An Idea of the Past?

runnergurl262
Is marriage an idea of the past? Some may so, but I don’t. Marriage is a complicated issue because it is viewed differently in all cultures. In some African nations, it is perfectly fine to have more than one wife, but in the Roman Catholic faith, that would be obscene. The concept of marriage is so special because in the ideal marriage, one gets what they put into the relationship. It is the complete sharing of one’s life with another individual that you truly love. That is why the idea of marriage is one that I hold very close to my heart, and one that I think is very important.
Marriage is the bond between a man and a woman. This bond is cherished and in many religions not supposed to be broken. However, in the United States, the divorce rate is above forty percent. The rising divorce rate shows the views many people have of the matrimonial sacrament. Many don’t take this sacred sacrament seriously, and end the relationship. Divorce can be difficult, and cause much stress within a family sometimes causing a fission not easy to repair. On the other hand, when a couple is happily married and sharing all their thoughts and beliefs, the marriage can flourish. When the spark is there, marriage has is a sacrament that is well worth the turmoil and strain. It places stress on a relationship, but also allows love to flourish.
While marriage is difficult, its benefits definitely outweigh the costs. Marriage is something that my parents made it through, so it is possible. The sacrament of matrimony is not something of the past, but an important ceremony needing revival.