Marriage: Not Even An Option

Diamond Tiara
As a teenager, I am bound to complain about my parents and the choices they make for me. But am I wrong to complain about their choices. It's hard to say that your mom and dad don't belong together but you have to realize that lying to yourself isn't going to change the truth. It's not going to make the arguments dissapear or the headaches that build when they are finally through. It's only going to make you wonder if these two people really belong together. They didn't agree on much, at all. I have always felt that, as their daughter, they didn't know who I am and I couldn't have been more correct. Since second grade to later on in middle school, I have suffered with low self esteem. Without the help of my parents, the two people that are physically in my life but not really apart of it, helping me in anyway. I needed them the most then but now that I have matured on my own, they fear that I am not ready for the world. My parents still don't agree on a lot, especially when it comes down to me but what can I possibly do about that?