Marriage: Sure, Why Not?

spike312
To quote singer Bryan Adams, "Life is an open road--it's the best story never told." To fully enjoy life, one must be open to all possibilities. Close-mindedness will only prevent you from seeing opportunities that are out there, doors that are open, waiting for you to walk through.

Falling in love is something you can never rule out. No one can say, "I will never fall in love." You might as well say, "Car accidents just aren't for me" or "I'll never get my left foot wet". No matter how much you avoid any one of these things, if you are meant to fall in love, get in a car accident, or have a wet left foot, you will. As is said in the film King Fu Panda, "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

"So what?" the cynic will argue. "Alright, I can't prevent myself from falling in love, but I won't necessarily want to get married because of it." Au contraire: marriage is the next natural step after that of falling in love. I am not married, therefore it is impossible for my mind to wrap itself around that concept, though I know it to be true. I highly doubt many people who ARE married could explain the why behind marriage as the next step. But as Morpheus says in The Matrix, "There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path."

I very well may be making a decision on marriage sooner than I think. I just hope I can follow my own advice.
Comment by sullysolipsism

Hello, this is "The Cynic" speaking. :)

I just wanted to know what your definition of "falling in love" is.

I think this was VERY well written, and I LOVE the Kung Fu Panda quote. :) Jack Black as Chunky Panda = Dangerously Funny Combination.
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:35:18 AM
Comment by michness

I am now making it my mission in life to never get my left foot wet. Ha! This was an enjoyable read! Be careful relying too heavily on quotes, though.
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 5:54:27 PM