Marriage: What are its Values to You?

TobiTheRainbow
At fifteen years old, I often dream about marriage. What'll it be like, who will it be to, the average things like that. But have I ever just stopped to think about what it's value is? To be honest, yes I have. To me, marriage isn't about gender, or money, or anything similar. It's about what it should be about: love. It's a life long commitment, not something you should just be able to throw away.
Well you see, with marriage, the fact of the matter is that it's something that should happen when two people love each other. So gender shouldn't matter. However, it's illegal in many states- Despite the fact that marriage is a given right. Marriage should be able to happen between any two people over age eighteen that genuinely love each other... Gender shouldn't stop that.
Another thing with marriage is that now a days, it's kind of a joke. Not for everyone, obviously, but a lot of people get married just to be married, or for money. In my opinion, marriage should mean so much more than that. It's an act of love, it shouldn't be used to simply receive money.
Finally, marriage, as I've been stating, is about LOVE. Which is why I believe it's a wise decision to have an age put on it and to have parent consent. A lot of time, teenagers really think they love each other, so they make silly decisions. Marriage shouldn't be one of those, because you don't know what you'll do in th future. Marriage, unlike high school relationships, shouldn't just be thrown away.
The values of marriage isn't something most teenagers think about, but I have. The values to me, as I have states, are simply LOVE. Gender doesn't matter, it should be an act of love, and you should be at a mature age before you jump into it.