Marriage: The Greatest Joy

1985fallinjim
I've been blessed to be raised by two of the best people in the world. My parents taught me everything, but one of the most important things they taught me was how to have a happy, fulfilling marriage. I didn't get dinnertime lectures about what to do and what not to do, but I was always exposed to their example. My parents showed me that marriage meant work. Mom and Dad had to sacrifice their time and efforts to make their marriage the happy one that it was. Mom would put in a little extra effort for something that was very important to Dad. Dad would work extremely hard to make Mom comfortable. They showed me that married couples fought sometimes, but that didn’t mean they had to get divorced. That meant that they were normal and were working towards becoming better people together. My parents showed me how important it was to have loving parents raising children. I look all around me at kids who are unhappy, or don’t succeed in life, and it’s frequently because their parents didn’t teach them like they should have. My parents showed me that you don’t have to be perfect to have a happy marriage. You just have to be willing to work towards perfection.
I’m looking forward to my own marriage. I’m looking forward to being eternally committed to someone who will always stand by me. I’m looking forward to having a partner to go through all of life with. I can’t wait to bring joy to someone every day. I’m excited for all that I’ll learn, and I’m sure that marriage will make me a better person. I believe that marriage is what will give me joy and fulfillment for eternity, even after all the things of this world are gone. I believe in marriage: the greatest joy.