Marriage: A Fairytale I Hope Comes True

baddict17
We all need love and to me, love is marriage. Marriage means you and your partner are in love and want the world to know it! It's not about religion or flaunting or just conforming and doing what people have been doing for ages. It's when two people are proud of their relationship and commit themselves to buliding a life together.

My parents were never married and I can't remember them being together my whole life. It doesn't bother me though because a lot of people in my family, with the exception of my aunt and uncle, have been marries but divorced before I was even born. So, I've never really had an example of what marriage is. All my teachings have been from movies and what I heard from my friend's about their parents. You learn in movies marriage is hard and doesn't work out all the time. But the movies that I like to believe in are the fairytales. The movies where the girl is swept off her feet or there's a love triangle and the right people end up together. That's what I see marriage as, as unrealistic as it may seem. In my mind, if you're married you're in love, and if you're in love you have no reason to fight. Therefore, everyone is happy!!

But I'm not stupid. I know there are divorces and custody battles and lying and cheating. But I honestly believe if two people are in love and dedicated enough, it will really work out. I may be a naive, romantic teenage girl but I'll just have to proven wrong. :-)