STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

The Secret of Happiness Is Not On the Outside Rather, it is Directly in Front of Us

Rosalinda Garza
Happiness was in front of me but I didn’t see it. There are many things that can provide us with happiness but it’s difficult to know what they are exactly, at times it’s hard to see happiness when it’s in front of us. My mother always told me, “If you go outside, you’ll see so many ways that you will go some day. You have to see which way is better for you.” I had two paths, happiness and sadness. I didn’t know which way to go because it was too difficult to choose between my mother and father. My mother is the happiness in my life, something that I always wanted. My father was the sadness, the person who kept me away from happiness.

My father represented my sadness because of all the hardships he had put me through. My father did not give me any respect, love or communication. The lies, confusion, and physical abuse that he put me through wasn’t enough for him. My father didn’t know how to appreciate my love. When I was four he once told me that my Mom had died so I believed that she was gone growing up. I wasn’t reunited with my mother until I was fourteen after being led to believe that she was dead for 10 years. It was hard for me to accept because I still had doubts that prevented me from getting close to her. I had to find out the truth, so I talked to her about everything and I realized that everything that my father told me about her was based on a lie. My Dad finally realized what he had done wrong when I left him in El Salvador to live with my mother in the United States. When I came to the U.S. with my Mom all I wanted was to find what makes me happy.

I didn’t always appreciate the affection that my Mom had for me. I didn’t get see all the things that my mother did for me just to see me smile. At times I couldn’t control myself and I made her feel bad. I knew that she had cancer and that she was still recuperating. This past year I started thinking about everything that she did for me when the doctors told us that she might have cancer again. That was the moment when I realized I was wrong, my happiness wasn’t outside to look for. I don’t have to search for it because happiness to me is my mother. She is, and is always going to be my happiness. I learned that happiness is always with us, but the only thing that we have to do is open our eyes. The secret of happiness is to appreciate the simple things that we have, and the simple things that people do for us. It means to look at what we have, such as our family and friends, and appreciate the wonderful things that they do for us.
Rate this:
Comment by TiffanyJDeas

Happiness is the aim of life of every one. Some people are searching for something else, but the final goal it the one. I wrote about it in my essay, after found the best service after reading writing services reviews here: http://askpetersen.com/essay-writing-services-reviews/. I'd suggest you to read testimonials before order any paper on the internet.
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 9:58:37 AM
Rate this:
Comment by Prue Bell

sometimes people who seemed to be happy, who always look satisfied, who are very friendly - they are the most miserable in the world. don't forget to share your love and happiness with friends and family to make them happier!
essays at getacademichelp
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:28:58 PM
Rate this:
Comment by katlit99

Publicizing is your fundamental device to have the business organized to go. In fact, everyone is engaged with their affiliation advancing over the World Wide Web. Lamentably, online affiliation is tricked with rapscallions. Once in a while the supplier uses you free, or sometimes it is a site originator which arranges the duplicate <a href="http://huffingtonpost.com/">huffingtonpost</a> At a vague time, on the off chance that you settle on the most appropriate affiliation having unprecedented audits and notoriety, you will welcome all around molded works like http://huffingtonpost.com one.
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 2:30:06 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy