Secret of Happiness - Obeying God's Commandment

Toluwalope
The Secret of Happiness: Obeying God’s Commandment
The secret of happiness is obeying God’s commandment but I like to first give an insight to what may determine the happiness of people.
Happiness is a state of being happy and it is mostly triggered by an experience. Happiness cannot only be derived from things we can see. Happiness can also be as a result of things that we can imagine, for example, merely thinking about being in the best places of the world brings happiness to some individuals. Everyone experiences this feel of happiness at different times in life. The difference, however is, each of us have peculiarity on what triggers happiness in us. For some people physical things trigger happiness in them while some people happiness is brought on by imagining things. The type of personality an individual is goes a long way to determine if physical or imagined things will trigger happiness in them. While a Sanguine happiness will most likely be triggered by physical things, a melancholic individual may experience happiness just by sitting down in a place and imagine nice scenarios in his mind.
Personally, I believe true happiness, is derived from obeying the instructions of God as compared to one that is spurred by some physical events. I have observed that for me, happiness that originates from physical events are usually momentary. After some moments of this so called happiness, i usually will begin to wish for better source of happiness or feel a void again.
However, the happiness I feel when I obey the instructions of God as spelt out in our religious books is a lasting one. It makes me feel an inner joy that cannot be explained. Obeying these instructions was at first very difficult for me but when I noticed what I feel eventually when I am able to do it, I decided I will put more effort towards it.
I think probably this is because I have been taught that God made me, and so he knows what is best for me. I believe if he knows what is best for me, then I will be much happier following his instructions which will lead me to a perfect end. With this on my mind, I learnt not to only obey biblical instructions (since am a Christian), but to also seek what instructions God has for me as an individual. Once I hear this and I confirm the instructions are in line with biblical principles. I pray for grace to obey such instructions to the letter. As I obey these instructions, I begin to experience a kind of happiness from within me and this oozes out even from my behavior to people around me. I feel this indescribable feeling…, I feel satisfied with myself and I have this peace that the situation around me is under control.
I believe happiness cannot be better than this.