STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Secret of Happiness - Obeying God's Commandment

Toluwalope
The Secret of Happiness: Obeying God’s Commandment
The secret of happiness is obeying God’s commandment but I like to first give an insight to what may determine the happiness of people.
Happiness is a state of being happy and it is mostly triggered by an experience. Happiness cannot only be derived from things we can see. Happiness can also be as a result of things that we can imagine, for example, merely thinking about being in the best places of the world brings happiness to some individuals. Everyone experiences this feel of happiness at different times in life. The difference, however is, each of us have peculiarity on what triggers happiness in us. For some people physical things trigger happiness in them while some people happiness is brought on by imagining things. The type of personality an individual is goes a long way to determine if physical or imagined things will trigger happiness in them. While a Sanguine happiness will most likely be triggered by physical things, a melancholic individual may experience happiness just by sitting down in a place and imagine nice scenarios in his mind.
Personally, I believe true happiness, is derived from obeying the instructions of God as compared to one that is spurred by some physical events. I have observed that for me, happiness that originates from physical events are usually momentary. After some moments of this so called happiness, i usually will begin to wish for better source of happiness or feel a void again.
However, the happiness I feel when I obey the instructions of God as spelt out in our religious books is a lasting one. It makes me feel an inner joy that cannot be explained. Obeying these instructions was at first very difficult for me but when I noticed what I feel eventually when I am able to do it, I decided I will put more effort towards it.
I think probably this is because I have been taught that God made me, and so he knows what is best for me. I believe if he knows what is best for me, then I will be much happier following his instructions which will lead me to a perfect end. With this on my mind, I learnt not to only obey biblical instructions (since am a Christian), but to also seek what instructions God has for me as an individual. Once I hear this and I confirm the instructions are in line with biblical principles. I pray for grace to obey such instructions to the letter. As I obey these instructions, I begin to experience a kind of happiness from within me and this oozes out even from my behavior to people around me. I feel this indescribable feeling…, I feel satisfied with myself and I have this peace that the situation around me is under control.
I believe happiness cannot be better than this.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy