STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

The Secret of Happiness: A valiant warrior

Aria
Days wherein you eat, listen to music, achieve something, spending time with others and in every little or big things, confess it or not, you experienced the thrill of walking on air. In times when we’re heart-broken, happiness doesn’t try and woo us, instead, it depends on the strength that lies in the greatest weakness we have in our frail selves.

Spending nights without sleep, I’m sure you’ve experienced that. Cramming for tests just before the day it happens sounds so bad that it would cause me a headache and dreams of absurd thoughts such as fleeing our country. Well, I have no choice even though my mind is already exploding and can’t hold enough anymore. ‘I must pass this test!’ despite of everything, I was still hopeful, keeping my eyes wide open to the book I’m reading. Never did I realize that exams days are gone in a jiffy and I successfully passed the test with flying colors.
Proposing to happiness doesn’t sound so bad isn’t it? An effort of a person bearing fruit is a beautiful sight after all. Imagine a teeny seed blossoming to a wonderful flower, all thanks to the diligent watering and carefulness of a person. Whenever I go through hard times, all I do to make myself keep on going is to look forward to what I can achieved with it. One of it is the dance contest our class joined. Exhausted bodies lie on the ground every after the hellish practices we do. Of course, cooperation is one factor that must not be left out, but we can’t deny the fact that our class argued and take long breaks sometimes because we’re unwilling to work.
When it’s finally the day, we give it our best shot, hoping to grab the trophy. Being super excited and at the same time, nervous, we eagerly wait for the results as we watch other performances. The moment the winner is announced, the feeling of delight surged up to my heart. ‘I can’t believe what I’m hearing!’ as though it seems unreal, I look at my classmates screaming voices of victory and I too, did the same. It’s not a dream but rather, the reality.

Happiness is the most priceless, the most precious and the richest. It comes in different forms and even appears in trivial things. It’s genuine, revealing absence of apathy. As I express it into words, all I can hold in view is a single star within the depths of the darkest twilight. I was grateful for everything, thinking that everything that I do, be it for worse or for good, I would always lift my head encouraging myself for nothing is set in stone. If you’re also a valiant warrior, don’t be afraid and face all the difficulties thrown at you.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy