The Secret to Happiness: You

ANWaleron
It is as Robert Morely once said, “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” In this day and age teens everywhere forget to love themselves in their busy, hectic lives. Loving themselves is the first step to loving others. Believe, know when to speak up and not be suppressed by some standard set by society, and don’t be afraid to look in a mirror and love the figure staring back.
It’s seen nowadays that people don’t believe in themselves as much as they used to as children. They worry they’ll never be good enough and then forget to complete what they started. Reading, writing, and performing are a few of these things. Reading should be a stress-free free time activity, and the only time someone should stress out is if their favorite character is about to fall off a cliff. If someone’s worried about not finishing a high school essay that’s due soon, then they have less time to actually finish said essay. Performing is a chance to show off what you’ve been setting up and practicing for months. People stress and worry right before any performance, called butterflies by some, and tend to slip up on stage. They freak out and break down backstage thinking they aren’t holding up their share of the performance, this can leave an entire role empty. It could have easily been fixed if the person hadn’t blamed themselves for a mess-up.
Teens are a group of children adults tend to forget are almost adults. Teenagers are in a strange stage of development and tend to be put down if they speak their mind. They’re called children, then yelled at that they’re acting too immature. This can wear a teen down, male or female, and leave them scarred for life. As an adult, these used-to-be teens won’t say a word, because they’d be too afraid of bad criticism or being scolded. No one had told them as teens that their voices were needed, so they never spoke up after being told to be quiet. This could have all been changed if they had just been allowed to speak their mind just a few times, only to know they were needed in society.
A person’s body is the body they will have till they die. They shouldn’t be ashamed of it. Don’t be afraid to let it shine. A person shouldn’t be so mortified of their body that they use drugs and steroids to enhance themselves. They shouldn’t feel as if they have to work-out otherwise no one will ever love them for who they are. People should love each other for their personality. Everyone should have the right to love themselves, body and mind. It hurts someone mentality and it’s just not right for someone to look in the mirror and see someone they hate, so love yourself down to the bone.