Midnight

madipotts
“Dad, are we getting the bunny today?” I whined as I climbed into the car. My dad chuckled and fastened my seat belt.
“Maybe, but we have to run some errands.” I groaned and wiggled in my chair. It had been about 3 weeks since my father told me I would be getting a rabbit of my own to take care of. I had been patiently – okay, not very patiently – waiting for the day I got to get my bunny.
I would drag my feet through the stores and sometimes lose my dad because my mind was on my bunny. Once we left the last store, my dad turned the car onto a gravel road. My dad got out of the car once we saw a house, and told me to get out but stay by the car. As I climbed out, my dad came back towards me.
“She’s all yours.” My father plopped the furry creature into my arms, and turned away to talk to this man whose house we were at. I peered down at the animal; a baby bunny stared back at me with wide eyes. The rabbit was small, the size of a softball. She was pure black, about the color of the night sky. I cuddled her close, feeling her heartbeat against my arm. My dad turned towards me, and asked me to go to the car. I walked slowly, careful not to scare the bunny. Her fur was soft against my skin.
“I think we’re going to be great friends,” I whispered in her ear. She squeaked back to me, and I took that as a yes. I climbed into the car and wrapped the bunny into a blanket. My dad slid into the car, petting the rabbit before starting the car.
“So, what’re you going to name her? She’s only a few weeks old.”
“Midnight. Her name is Midnight,” I cooed and Midnight snuggled closer. Once we got home, my mom brought out a brand new rabbit cage and we set it up in the barn.
“Okay Madi,” my mom started, “this rabbit will show you responsibility. You have to water her, feed her, clip her nails, and even brush her fur. Think you can handle that?” I nod as I put Midnight into the cage. My parents leave the barn, and I watch Midnight hop around her cage. She sniffed around the cage, and nibbled at her food.
Later that night, I researched rabbits. I stayed up half the night, crouched over our family computer, looking up anything and everything about rabbits.
Seven years later, my love for rabbits hasn’t diminished a bit. Midnight lived to be about five years old, which is old for a rabbit. My passion for these animals traveled to my sisters, who also have rabbits today. I didn’t know that a small bunny could make a person so happy. I like to believe that Midnight helped me become the responsible person I am today.
Comment by jacksmooth47

I'm very glad to seem at this place up as a result of it's very helpful on my behalf American state as a result of there is such a ramification of knowledge in it. I for all time would love browsing exceptional that I am happy that I alert to lean this facet on your publish. thanks for sharing the foremost convenient article post. Cost of Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2019 12:48:23 PM