The Secret of Happiness - Living a step at a time

Desh95
THE SECRET OF HAPPINESS – LIVING A STEP AT A TIME
“It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness” – Charles Spurgeon
Various people have many theorems regarding the secret of happiness. All of these preach different messages. I personally believe the secret of happiness is a personal thing. I don’t believe it lies in things like; going to the beach, or surfing or some activity. I believe it is a personal thing from deep within involving the mind-set. Someone once said, “Happiness is not a matter of events, it depends on the tides of the mind”. I agree with this philosophy. If you don’t make up your mind to be happy you will be sad.
Now my personal philosophy is that the secret to happiness is living a step at a time. Life is not a bed of roses and even if it was there are still thorns. Life is also a race…a long one with check-points. Life is one place you never have comfort or a rest zone. First when you’re born, coming out of that hole into the real world is leaving your warm comfort zone. Being forced to eat solid food, being put in a walker, crawling then walking then running is leaving comfort zones. Then being forced to school, etc. Then the biggest leap getting married. Now you have to do everything with someone else in mind. Then having children with less spending money… then sending children to school…on and on till you die. No rest!
So if then Life is such a deadly race and such a fierce battle, how can one be happy? My Philosophy argues that the only way is living a step at a time. You can’t rush life or things. They’ll come to you when they’re supposed to and not a second earlier. So it’s better to be patient and await them. If you try to rush you might fall or make a mistake which almost reverses you to the very beginning to the starting line. A 2 year old child can’t drive obviously. Yes it’s good to enjoy life but that doesn’t give an 18- child license to drink. No! Such mistakes can ruin your future.
So in conclusion I will state my theory for Happiness in Life-Living a step at a time… Take life easy and gently and you won’t fall. If you are rough life will make rough marks on you. Also remember life isn’t easy. When the going gets tough, the tough get going! As you live a step at a time you also have to decide to be happy. Toby Mac once said, “You can’t have a good day with a bad attitude and you can’t have a bad day with a good attitude” So we have to decide to be happy. Whatever happens we have to make up our minds to be always happy. SO LIVE A STEP AT A TIME AND MAKE UP YOUR MIND TO BE HAPPY.