STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Friendship Slam Poem

mynameisASHley
do you know what it feels like to want to go back to the past and stay there..
back to when being myself came naturally..
back to when acting like yourself came naturally..
back to when I didn’t feel insecure about how I acted to dress around you..
back to when we where a family..
back to when we saw each other everyday and didn’t get tired of each other..
back to when we would stay up all night and talk our talks..
do you know what it feels like to look at pictures from a year ago and want everything to go back to normal..
normal when you saw something unusual you just said ‘ohh, that’s just Zagorski’..
normal when never left each others side..
normal when other tables threw food at us for our random dancing..
normal when we called each other parents mom and dad..
normal when we didn’t get irritated by each other as easily..
do you know what it feels like to sit in bed at night.. Two o'clock in the morning listening to the same some on repeat..
remembering the memories from before the accident..
remembering the late night hockey games we had so much fun at..
remembering the Wednesday nights I would get it trouble from coming home to late from the mall because we were doing what we do..
remembering the feelings I have about us being so distant..
do you know what it feels like to look at your best friend and think about how we ever became not so close..
Because I thought you had forgot about me over the summer hanging with your other friends..
Because I couldn’t go to Ocean City with you..
Because I’m annoying or I ask to many questions..
I bet you do know the way I feel because its seems that’s all we talk about lately..
How we wish things could go back to how they were..
How we need to get together some time like old friends rekindling their friendship..
How we want each other back..
To be best friends again..
But I never left..
And neither did you..
So lets start fresh..
My name is Ashley, It’s nice to meet you.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy