Friendship Slam Poem

mynameisASHley
do you know what it feels like to want to go back to the past and stay there..
back to when being myself came naturally..
back to when acting like yourself came naturally..
back to when I didn’t feel insecure about how I acted to dress around you..
back to when we where a family..
back to when we saw each other everyday and didn’t get tired of each other..
back to when we would stay up all night and talk our talks..
do you know what it feels like to look at pictures from a year ago and want everything to go back to normal..
normal when you saw something unusual you just said ‘ohh, that’s just Zagorski’..
normal when never left each others side..
normal when other tables threw food at us for our random dancing..
normal when we called each other parents mom and dad..
normal when we didn’t get irritated by each other as easily..
do you know what it feels like to sit in bed at night.. Two o'clock in the morning listening to the same some on repeat..
remembering the memories from before the accident..
remembering the late night hockey games we had so much fun at..
remembering the Wednesday nights I would get it trouble from coming home to late from the mall because we were doing what we do..
remembering the feelings I have about us being so distant..
do you know what it feels like to look at your best friend and think about how we ever became not so close..
Because I thought you had forgot about me over the summer hanging with your other friends..
Because I couldn’t go to Ocean City with you..
Because I’m annoying or I ask to many questions..
I bet you do know the way I feel because its seems that’s all we talk about lately..
How we wish things could go back to how they were..
How we need to get together some time like old friends rekindling their friendship..
How we want each other back..
To be best friends again..
But I never left..
And neither did you..
So lets start fresh..
My name is Ashley, It’s nice to meet you.