The Secret of Happiness: A Second Home

alexabaum

Sleepaway camp is an indescribable place. It is an experience i am beyond grateful I have got to experience the past 7 years of my life. It all started when I was nine years old. My first summer of camp. My parents drove me to where the the coach buses come and pick all the Long Island kids up to go to camp. I was beyond excited. Although I knew I would have the best summer of my life I never knew it would impact me as much as it did to this day. Camp is an experience one just cannot explain and put into words. Camp has made me into the person I am today. Camp has taught me to be independent. When you are nine year old leaving your parents for 7 weeks isn't always easy. Although you have counselors it does teach you independence which is a life skill not all kids get to learn at such a young age. Camp also gave me sisters i never had. My best friends are my camp friends. My camp friends are the people i go to when I'm upset, have a problem or just need people to talk to. They are my constants through it all the ones i know i could aways count on. I am beyond grateful to have people like my camp friends in my life. They truly bring out the best in me. Camp is also motivational. It helps me get through the school year. I know that if I don't do well in school there could be potential punishments like summer school so camp motivates me to get through the year. After a school year of hard work camp is the best reward and truly makes me happy. Overall camp makes me the person i am today. I cannot even put into words the happiness camp truly gives me. Camp is the best experience i ever had and one of the best things in my life. I wouldn't trade my camp experience for anything in the world. I hope to become a counselor one day and pass on my camp experience to new campers and I hope camp brings them the same happiness it has brought me and continues to bring me because it is an amazing feeling. Camp is the epitome of me. Poyntelle, Pennsylvania my heart and home.