The Secret To Happiness: Being Grateful

cbarry1

Life is a long spent time. Throughout that time, the people who have the opportunity to live life, all desire this emotion or feeling if you will. That is happiness. Some people think it’s being famous, or having a lot of money. For many, that may be the solution, but for me it’s about being grateful for what I have. People tend to look at things they don’t have and disregard the things they have in life. The secret of happiness is to be thankful for the people and things you have in your life, that love, care and support you.

Throughout the sixteen years I have lived on earth, I have been blessed with incredible friendships as well as a family that has raised me in a healthy and safe environment. They have shaped me into the person I am. I am lucky to have been around influential people as I have grown up. My family has laid the foundation on how to live life the right way. They have shown me the right from wrong. So when I head off into the real world at the end of the decade, I will know how to carry myself in a positive manner as well as being able to know how to deal with certain bumps in the road I may come across. My friends have taught me how to laugh and live lose. They’re always there for me and like me for the person I am.

Another thing that I’m grateful for is where I’ve had the opportunity to live all my life. San Diego. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else than where I am. There are so many great things about living in the heart of Southern California. I love that in February, I can walk outside my house with khaki shorts and a t-shirt and not freeze to death because it’s 70 degrees outside. It’s truly a blessing to live in a place that doesn’t have hurricanes or tornadoes threatening to knock down everything. I love being able to go to the beach and all the great attractions that can be found in my hometown, San Diego.

The secret of happiness is being grateful for the people and the things that are a part of your life. I wouldn’t trade my life for anything. I have everything I could possibly ask for. My family continues to be by my side as I grow through life. My friends continue to share their laughs and everlasting memories with me. I continue to enjoy the perks of being able to live in beautiful San Diego every day. I know the secret of happiness. It’s being grateful and appreciating life.