Second Chances: Regret and Recovery

Abbymarie
Second Chances: Regrets and Recovery
By- Abby D’Amico
I really wish I was able to understand decisions. If only I knew why the little voices in my head told me to do the things I’ve done. As young children we all make mistakes, some worse than others but I’ve realized I’ve found myself getting worse as I grow older. It may be teenage rebellion or just me trying to find myself, but some of these decisions are causing damage that I may not be able to fix.

I am very fortunate to have loving and caring parents who listen and do their best to understand my situation. There still parents though, if they didn’t get upset and enforce punishments they wouldn’t be doing their job. I remember the night my mother gave me a little freedom and allowed me to go out with my friends. I allowed others to get to me causing me to make a poor decision which I later regretted. My mother pulled up and saw me smoking on the side of the building. I remember the look on her face, full of fury. I thought she’d never trust me again an I’d be grounded to my room for months, but that’s not exactly what happened. Of course she was angry that night but the next morning she sat me down and had a calm conversation with me. She explained that what I had done the night before was wrong and she never wanted to see or hear about me doing it again. In the end though the really shocking part was she told me we could drop it. She told me we could move on from the situation. She gave me a second chance, one that I almost didn’t deserve.

I want to be trusted again. I don’t want my mom to constantly worry about every little thing I do, but in the end I’m the only one who caused her to in the first place. It’s not easy to trust someone again and same goes for second chances. I’m very lucky that I was given a chance to fix my mistakes. I know it may take some time to get back to normal but it’s a path I’m willing to take. I’ve learned from my mistakes and I’m on my path of recovery.

Comment by jacksmooth47

I am really happy to see this post as a result of it's really useful on behalf of me, as a result of there is most info in it. I forever like better to scan quality and I am happy that I got this issue in your post. Thanks for sharing the only article post. Darvocet and Darvon

Posted: Monday, September 2, 2019 12:51:35 PM