Charlie

kpa1
“Charlie!” Meghan said, her voice shaking unevenly. She turns her back to the doll and crosses her arms as her brother walks in the door. “When I walked into my room, he was positioned on my dresser, because he was freaking me out so I moved him away from my sigh-”
“Meghan” Charlie exclaims “you get scared by everything. He’s a Pinocchio doll, a product of Disney. A cute little story and movie that is made to entertain little kids, and of course you’re scared by it.
“Listen to me!” she snaps, now pouting, not out of sympathy, but out of concern.
Meghan couldn’t understand this. Just because Charlie is her older brother doesn’t mean he knows everything. He’s older by two years, barely the acceptable amount of time for an older brother to think he can baby his little sister. After all, he’s the one who’s 20 years old and still living with his parents.
“ Now I’m going to the gym. I think I can leave you alone for a little bit, or at least I’d like to think I can. I’ll be back soon enough.”
And just as Charlie turns to leave the room, he peers over his shoulder, expecting to see her big brown eyes fill with tears.
“Meghan” Charlie interrupts her racing thoughts “are you sure you didn’t leave the doll on your bed?”